And how was peak day???

"Peak Day" was nice, only 160 stops. Monday and Thursday were each around 200 stops. Today (Thursday), my driver and I managed to pull off 70 stops in an hour and 15 minutes, after it got dark out, and in the snow.

PEAK DAY? I'll let ya know when it gets here and is done. I had more Thursday than Wednesday (the supposed PEAK DAY) and that's without an extra cut.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I had 290 stops on Monday, which after a sunday sort I kind of expected. Then Tuesday and Wednsday, I had 270 stops each. So I figured It was gonna be about that all week.
Thursday, My stop count was 300 stops. That was a busy day. It helps to have a good helper. Mind you, All this is residential and no areas were changed all week. I can't wait to see what I have this morning to deal with.
At least 2 days left:wornout:

brownrodster

Peak day was decent for me. 225 stops all resi but about 65 miles driving so it was a little spread out. Truck was so packed that the sequence was messed up. Took me a while to get things in order and the beginning of the day was slow because I had to sort and do a lot of apartments. My helper is worthless while I'm doing apartments. I should have taught him the diad a couple weeks ago. Worked about 11 hours.

I felt amazing at the end of the day. Can't say the same for my helper. I worked him so hard that I'm afraid he might be worthless today. I'm hoping volume's down today because I'm tired! ha!

Fnix

Our unload finishes 2 hours before preload even though we start at same time. This peak is garbage. I got 4 more hours this week last year and I was a newbie that was being sent home first. Now I have more responsibility and am the last one out and am short 4 hours of last year. I even worked a weekend and was still short. My goal was to break $400 this week but I got $372.

Maybe next year...

I can remember raking in the money during peak when I was PT (many years ago). I used to come in around 11am to load the customer counter volume into a pup, then I'd get the building set up for the local sort and do my shifting duties. I'd get out at around 11pm after the local sort was finished and all the trailers were sealed. Nice 55-60 hour week. I was making around $14 an hour at the time so my gross pay for those weeks was around $1000. Not bad for PT.

Joeyj316

How's this for a great peak day? My son was born on Monday so I took the WHOLE week off!!!! Our center had no problem with it. Even sent my wife flowers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How's this for a great peak day? My son was born on Monday so I took the WHOLE week off!!!! Our center had no problem with it. Even sent my wife flowers.

Do you work for UPS? Just kidding Joey316, congratulations to you and your wife on the new addition to your family.

Peak for me was 217 stops on Wednesday. 230 stops Thursday with new Helper because other one took the day off. 209 today with different Helper because my original Helper pulled a second no-show. I was going to tip her $100, not now. One good thing about Christmas Eve being on a Monday though. Monday's Air comes in on Saturday, so all the Air should be there. I hope the stop count drops a lot, I have worked eleven hours a day the last two days. Being a residential driver, I will be one of the last ones in.

Big Babooba

Congratulations to you and your wife. How's life on Cloud 9? I remember when my first child was born like it was yesterday. She's almost 26 now and getting married this May. It's amazing how fast the time went by so savor every moment.:happy2: You also got a tax deduction for 2007!:happy-very:

old brown shoe

30 year driver
They said Wed. was peak day but we seem to just have more stops each day and a little less bulk. Everyone working just under 12 hours. See what Mon. brings hope everyone can get done early and get home to their family's. UPS people are the best. Kicking butt and taking names to make sure our customers get their Christmas. Merry Christmas to all who work at UPS
:rockon:

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh how the times have changed. When my son was born Dec 24th at 2:00 in the morning they refused to give me the day off. That was in 1972. Things continued to go downhill from there.

T

Tired in Manchester

170 stops
350 boxes
18 pickups
150 boxes
12 hours
bad news I brought back 100 stops
and 150. 8600 for the center came
back and 2000 airs never left the
center. We only have 100 trucks.
Think we might have need more.

doolittle95

Wednsday: 441 stops, 560+ pcs delivered, 25 pcs picked up (most of my pups cvrd), 12hrs.
Thursday: 505 stops (yes 505, a personal record which i hope to never again aproach, sheesh...) 670+ pcs delivered, 15 pups, 12hrs, (i was very proud of this when i got in thurs night).
Friday: Complete and total shutdown of my brain and my jumpers will to live, let alone move at anything more than a "shuffle" he's got a good tip coming monday:happy2:
375 stops, 425+delivrd, 15 pups, 13.5hrs, 100 stops given up and the building record bitterly surrendered to some fool who's gonna get me by 75 stops for the two weeks ending monday.:whiteflag:

The good news: I've got the weekend with my my beautiful wife and three beautiful daughters, and Christmas in three days. Makes it all worthwhile. Peace.:peaceful:

jlphotog

I have no idea what my stop counts were this past week I just know how many hours I worked.

Monday - 12:55
Tuesday - 13:30
Wednesday - 12:55
Thursday - 13:17
Friday - 15:07

For a total of 67:44. And they wanted me to work another 6 to 8 hours on Saturday. I said, NO THANKS!