And the BROWNOUT continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Well it's been 4 days since the TA, and almost no imformation has been forthcoming. I am beginning to think that the first time I will get to actually read the contract in when my ballot come in the mail. Can you imaging getting 30 plus pages of small type legalese writen contract to try and read in the few days you will have to mail in your ballot.
I have heard that hall made every local turn in their copy of the contract before they left the negotiating room so it wouldn't end up on tdu.org.
I guess he doesn't want any imformation leaked to us.

Evil

Well it's been 4 days since the TA, and almost no imformation has been forthcoming. I am beginning to think that the first time I will get to actually read the contract in when my ballot come in the mail. Can you imaging getting 30 plus pages of small type legalese writen contract to try and read in the few days you will have to mail in your ballot.
I have heard that hall made every local turn in their copy of the contract before they left the negotiating room so it wouldn't end up on tdu.org.

Brother you are correct. hall made sure to go after anyone that would leak information. So the very little we know, has come from reformers in the negotiating committee that had to memorize the numbers. That's how we got word about how the raises were gonna be and splits.

Word also leaked out the some of the locals on the company plans weren't to happy about the union health plans, especially the retirees on the fifth year of the contract.

Good thing is TDU will have the information up by May 7th. So even though the IBT will send the pamphlet to us with the ballot, they still lose a few days printing the pamphlet and the ballots. By then, we should have already the information broken down by TDU with the leaflets ready to be handed out our respective hubs.

Just be careful, because management will harass you for passing out information that does not favor a yes vote.

stink219

And the one thing we learned is that TDU is always right? Lmao! If they stuck to the facts maybe they would have more credibility. Actually that's not true. They will never have credibility while Paff is alive. Being blinded by his hatred for this country and making money clouds his judgment.

thedownhillEXPRESS

And the one thing we learned is that TDU is always right? Lmao! If they stuck to the facts maybe they would have more credibility. Actually that's not true. They will never have credibility while Paff is alive. Being blinded by his hatred for this country and making money clouds his judgment.

You are a shill if I've ever seen one.

balland chain

Brother you are correct. hall made sure to go after anyone that would leak information. So the very little we know, has come from reformers in the negotiating committee that had to memorize the numbers. That's how we got word about how the raises were gonna be and splits.

Word also leaked out the some of the locals on the company plans weren't to happy about the union health plans, especially the retirees on the fifth year of the contract.

Good thing is TDU will have the information up by May 7th. So even though the IBT will send the pamphlet to us with the ballot, they still lose a few days printing the pamphlet and the ballots. By then, we should have already the information broken down by TDU with the leaflets ready to be handed out our respective hubs.

Just be careful, because management will harass you for passing out information that does not favor a yes vote.
Great post..The anonymity of this contract should make all of us wonder why???? The main thing to remember when handing out info, do it off company property.. Thank you in advance to all person's helping to spread the word that we deserve better...

realbrown1

Stink, why is this contract such a secret? How hard would it be to post a highlighted version of the contract on teamsters.org? And why would hall want to keep secrets from us? It is our contract after all.
And I wouldn't go around throwing the "blind" comments around too much. People still know that your blindly follow Hoffa and Hall whether they are right or wrong.

stink219

It's not a secret contract. Have you ever not voted on one besides the "back to work" in 97?
Just keep following your new leader. He has all the answers. Follow and help him destroy this union. Blind lemmings!

oldupsman

We were told at our local meeting this past Sunday that there would be a national meeting in Washington D.C. on May the 7th. All locals
are to attend and all details of the contract will be presented including the new health care proposals. Then of course the local will have a
meeting to explain everything. I doubt the ballots will go out much before June. This is far from over.

Stratocaster

Yup, I heard the same thing last night. hall didn't give the different local officials time to look through the whole agreement and wouldn't let them leave with a copy. Which makes perfect sense, this is UPS' contract, not ours....because its sure not favorable towards the Union.

stink219

We were told at our local meeting this past Sunday that there would be a national meeting in Washington D.C. on May the 7th. All locals
are to attend and all details of the contract will be presented including the new health care proposals. Then of course the local will have a
meeting to explain everything. I doubt the ballots will go out much before June. This is far from over.
Great post. You might be wasting your time though. I'm sure SOME will still complain even though you gave them the facts.

oldupsman

Stink, why is this contract such a secret? How hard would it be to post a highlighted version of the contract on teamsters.org? And why would hall want to keep secrets from us? It is our contract after all.
And I wouldn't go around throwing the "blind" comments around too much. People still know that your blindly follow Hoffa and Hall whether they are right or wrong.

Yup, I heard the same thing last night. hall didn't give the different local officials time to look through the whole agreement and wouldn't let them leave with a copy. Which makes perfect sense, this is UPS' contract, not ours....because its sure not favorable towards the Union.
Guys if your local hasn't told you what I just told you then your local isn't doing it's job.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is April 30th.

The current agreement does not expire for another 3 months.

The tentative agreement on the new contract was not reached until last Thursday.

I am quite confident that the details of the TA will be made available in the very near future. I am quite confident that no information is being witheld. I am quite confident that there is no conspiracy on the part of Hall to "hide" anything from anyone.

In years past, tentative agreements were passed out to the locals and a meeting would be held to discuss and explain the proposals. My local (162) has a general membership meeting this weekend and I am quite confident that the TA will be available by then.

I understand the fact that we now live in a world of instant gratification where virtually any desired information or merchandise can be obtained immediately with nothing more than a few mouse clicks. Unfortunately, if what you are after is every last specific detail of a multi-billion dollar economic proposal involving 250,000 employees nationwide that is still in the process of being finalized...you might just have to wait a couple more freaking days. Try to remember that it isnt always about you.

Stratocaster

In my short time on the cafe, I've learned that you and anonymous sure love the Hoffa-Hall Kool Aid.
Stink answer this question for me....what's the big secret? So far TDU is the only source providing information to us.

realbrown1

Why does there have to be meetings to get this information. Ever hear of the internet?

stink219

Guys if your local hasn't told you what I just told you then your local isn't doing it's job.
I like this guy. It's tough dealing with the close minded. If been preaching this will happen even before the tentative agreement was reached. Some refuse to accept that things take time. We waited a months and months for a tentative. Some people are going nuts because they can't wait 8 more days. Great post.

oldupsman

In my short time on the cafe, I've learned that you and anonymous sure love the Hoffa-Hall Kool Aid.
Stink answer this question for me....what's the big secret? So far TDU is the only source providing information to us.
There is no big secret. National meeting MAY 7TH. All details of the contract will then be explained to all locals. Locals will then hold
meetings to explain everything to you. Our local is planning an entire series of meetings for all different groups from parttimers to fulltimers
from twilight to daytime. If your local isn't doing that then they aren't doing their job. If you're unhappy with that I suggest you run
for office in your local.

stink219

Why does there have to be meetings to get this information. Ever hear of the internet?
Lmfao!!! You must be a hated man in your building. Or maybe your not a Teamster at all. TDU troll? Why the fear of attending a meeting about the livelihood of your labor contract. If everyone of our UPS peeps shows up to our meeting, we will be looking at 1500 people. Why don't you go to meetings? That's why your a TDUers. Because you REFUSE other information.

Status
Not open for further replies.