And we blame the kids

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Good luck with your plan of attack. I'm all for teaching young one that No means No. Let us know how this all works out for you in a couple of years. I predict due to past practices your wife ( normally being the one who has to deal with the kids more often) will cave in- leaving you to be the bad guy. Every kid is different--some are born hell raisers. I still like the line by some comedian who said "I have two boys--one I'm going to put through college and one I'm going to put through a wall".
Lol yeah one of our biggest challenges as parents will be our schedules suck. Neither of us know when we will be home on a given day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol yeah one of our biggest challenges as parents will be our schedules suck. Neither of us know when we will be home on a given day.

Once you cave the kid automatically learns what to do to get their way. For some reason that is usually the FIRST thing they learn. Every parent I've know (myself included) has been reduced to a blubbering gob of nothing ready to give up on everything by their kid at one time or another.

oldngray

nowhere special
15e9funny-kids-31.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is good you know. My oldest said since he was 11 he never wanted kids.
My youngest boy loved kids, and has 7.
Both had the same mother I swear.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It is good you know. My oldest said since he was 11 he never wanted kids.
My youngest boy loved kids, and has 7.
Both had the same mother I swear.
Yup, both my brothers have kids and they're great and everything I really do love my nieces and nephews. I also really love that I don't have to take them home with me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seven kids? Yowza that's a lot. I'm trying to convince my wife to have 3 and that's a struggle
I know I know. I wanted ten til I had one then I wanted 5. then I had 2 and quit. But I love them little faces to pieces. But yes thats alot of kids. I think its enough, but it is not my choice. I know I wouldnt send one of them back...................but when I go visit I miss the one on one most people get with grandkids because its a pile on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess that depends upon the definition of the word "right".

How many parents here used a "leash" when their kids were young? (We did)
I had to go out into the yard and pick out a "switch" for a whooping when I screwed up. You try and find a good one but there is no such thing.
The marks I was left with could definitely get a parent in trouble if a call was made nowadays.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I had to go out into the yard and pick out a "switch" for a whooping when I screwed up. You try and find a good one but there is no such thing.
The marks I was left with could definitely get a parent in trouble if a call was made nowadays.
Just ask Adrian Peterson.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My parents rarely hit me when they did I got whooped. The last time I remember going out the door slamming it as I told my Dad to go to hell. Suddenly the door didnt slam as I expected It would, and there was a big whoop ass that did come though, and I deserved it, and i am better for it. It is called respect.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
what about all the child abuse claims and child services taking away children who are getting raised right?
This is hard in today's society. I remember a story a year or two ago about a 9-10 year stealing a car. Cops take him to the house. Dad asks them to come in and witness him spank the kid. Cops say if you touch him we have to arrest you.