And while we are on the subject of Unions

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
bisongolfer said:
Trying to find a strangers information online is usually considered odd behavior.
Then what do you consider subscribing to a site like "edoggers"?

Dude, I don't know your name or anything about you, but after this reading this thread I got curious and punched "bisongolfer" into google. The very first result was your xanga page, and your edoggers profile wasn't far behind. That's hardly what I would call stalking. You might consider using a different pseudonym when you register at adult websites unless you really don't care what people know about you, the internet makes it waaay too easy. A real stalker would already be knocking on your door.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
moreluck said:
Bison....thanks for your hard work.....stock was up $1.48 today.:) That's over $80 again. Maybe Susie will really leave this time.
You forgot to factor in inflation! It's probably only about $78 in last year's dollars :wink:

Of course Fedex was up $4, we just can't get a break. I'm very curious to hear the quarterly earnings report.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jones....I covered my :censored2: and sold my Starbucks after making out very well and I bought FEDEX at $110......it's finally up over that mark today. I'm gonna be happy every day that both companies do well. I got tired of whining to myself, "why do THEY do so well and UPS only goes up a penny?" Now they both can go gangbusters!!

Of course, my majority stake is in UPS ,so I still do root a little harder for them.

GO UPS !!

over9five

Staff member
"You'd better delete your page before your boss sees it."

Apparently, he did! It's called your "on-line footprint". Big news story today. Prospective employers will do exactly what Susie did. (Me too, page was shut down by Bisongolfer). If they see weird content or pics, they won't even tell you why you were not invited back for an interview.

So, uhhhh, Suz...Care to let us know (in greater detail) what was on that page???

bisongolfer

First of all the Xanga, which yes I did delete, didn't have anything out of the ordinary. My picture was of my face painted in the colors of my fraternity, with "I love Martha Stewart" (Actually a different name, but since we know how you people love to Google) painted onto my shirt for a sporting event. My interests included "golf, braves, girls, cars, girls, music, and girls"...again, I am a college male, and being the straight male that I am, I will admit that I like girls...

Other than that, the actual posts I made were over a year old, and were rather benign; mostly summarizing what stupid thing I did on that particular day. I didn’t use it consistently, but it helped me keep my friends up to date on stuff during the summer; when most college kids go home. I deleted the profile because I only kept it to look at my friends' profiles and make comments, but since some people want to get stupid about stuff, I deleted it.

The EDoggers thing was a joke. Again, I'm in my very early twenties, in a fraternity, and we play around...mostly harmless, stupid, little pranks; stuff that most reasonable people could expect a typical male of my age to do. The EDoggers page, which I completely forgot about until this post, has not been deleted because I don’t even know the login/password or what email address was used to create it. Notice the profile was last changed (and created) in June of 2004, so that would put me at the age 19. I never posted my real age or photo on the site. I never planned on running for political office or being Googled by a disgruntled forum user, so I really didn't think it'd be a big deal. I emphasize my age because while it is not an excuse for childish and immature behavior, it does make it a little more reasonable. If I were a 38 year old professional, that would be an entirely different story.

You can also find my EBay info in Google; notice I have 100% positive feedback! I am thrilled to know that my life (which seems so boring and routine to me), is so thrilling and interesting for some of you. If you want my autograph, I can put it up for sale on EBay, just ask!

Over9five and Jones: I understand what you are saying and agree that stupid stuff like this (particularly the Edoggers fiasco), regardless of my original intent, could potentially make me look like a bad person, or worse yet, jeopardize my career.

If a person disagrees with someone's post, than type a response and argue your point of view, that's what forums are for. It is not normal for someone to try and find personal information on another forum user simply because they disagree with something that is written.

You know, I was working in the garage over the weekend on some display stuff I am re-habbing for the retail store, and I came across several pieces that were "proudly union made".

That got me to thinking about several things that have been said on this board of late.

Some of you think of me as a throwback to Mayberry. I take that as a compliment. So thank you.

Maybe if the world had more people that were in tune to others, there would not be the problems we have today. Like the young man that parked his car at the gas pumps, leaving the stereo blasting to where the bass was shaking the pump I was using. Never did get any gas, but blocked the island while he picked up a couple of sixpacs, and added greatly to the noise pollution. Mind you, I enjoy music and at times loudly, but the whomp whomp whomp is not music unless there is something that goes with it. And some poor guy that cant carry a tune screaming over the whomp whomp whomp ............

Anyway, back to the union thing.

There was a time when union anything was a thing of pride. Union made was the best you could buy, both in quality and price. It was the best of the best. People that had union jobs were looked up to and respected, it was a thing to rejoice over when a family member had a union job. And while there were times that were tough, that never dimmed the pride people had for being a union member.

Fast forward to today. The union is there to get you out of trouble because you screwed up. You lied, stole, what ever. You did things that you knew you could get fired for and you did it anyway, and whine when the steward gets you a 2 week suspension instead of termination.

There is no pride in what you do, all you are interested in is a paycheck. The fact that you have one of the best, most respected jobs in the country does not mean a thing. You are only interested in screwing the company that you think is screwing you.

As for customer satisfaction, who cares, that is the companies problem, not yours. You will shaft the customer to make a statement to the company that you are over worked. The customer that pays your paycheck. Oh I know, what the heck, If I loose a couple, that much less work, right? Really? And UPS does not cut out routes because the volume is down?

Horse apples!

Maybe my kind is not ready for what UPS is becoming. Maybe we need to be turned out like the old gas package cars. And maybe what are the up and coming service providers are what this company will be like in a few years. I sure as heck hope not. But from what I have seen lately, and it would seem from some of the posters here, it sure looks like it will.

I only hope that Fedex and DHL et al have the same problems, but worse.

Otherwise it will become like one of my ex sups used to answer the phone with....United Partial Service.

End of Rant!

d
At 50, I completely agree with you!