Andy Griffith Dead

wkmac

I was born and raised in North Carolina where Andy and the whole Mayberry ideal was iconic. Grew up in a small town not unlike a Mayberry, just not as idyllic but we did go fishing a WHOLE lot. Even though Mayberry was fiction, so many people wanted to live in that type of community and world. Sez something don't it!

There were none better a comedy duo than Don Knotts and Andy Griffith. Both will be missed but thank goodness we got re-runs. And YouTube!

rod

Retired 22 years
R.I.P. Andy -------I still watch the reruns and enjoy them as much now as when they were first aired.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rose,J20120704_low.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have Andy Griffith and his Mayberry friends hanging all around our house.
My wife has watched every episode at least 3 times.
We visited his museum in 2010 and that was cool.
He still lives on in the recordings of his shows and broadcasts.
RIP Andy

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Andy Griffith filmed a movie in my hometown many years ago,and he was an ASS in person. He was very rude to any fans or autograph seekers,and used very profane language in public with small kids around. After seeing his tantrums in public a few times it REALLY changed my opinion of him

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Andy Griffith filmed a movie in my hometown many years ago

Was this the movie shot near the old covered bridge in South Cobb County? I grew up in that area.

I like the Don Knotts/Andy Griffith combo, they were great together. They first worked in "No Time For Sergeants". Mayberry was never the same when Barney Fife left and they started filming in color.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Was this the movie shot near the old covered bridge in South Cobb County? I grew up in that area.

I like the Don Knotts/Andy Griffith combo, they were great together. They first worked in "No Time For Sergeants". Mayberry was never the same when Barney Fife left and they started filming in color.

the movie was Murder in Coweta County and much if it was filmed in Griffin. Several of us skipped School on several days and hung out by the sets