Anger in the work place?

FreightKicker

FreightKicker
In our small terminal we have this driver that explodes at the drop of a dime. for example...one day a driver pushed is pallet jack and dolly in to his loaded trailer that he thought was done. The forklift driver (red headed UN-named) drove in to the drivers trailer and seen the pallet jack and dolly and LOST it. He grab the pallet jack pulled it with so much force it slammed into the OSD. Then grab the 2 wheel dolly and threw it across the dock. The dolly almost hit me and another driver as we were walking out the door to the dock. This isn't the only meltdown this driver has had, and I'm sure there will be more to come. Someday somebody is going to get hurt really bad!

I still don't understand to this day why he wasn't fired! That driver scares the hell out me and the other drivers. You never know what he is going to do when he has one of his meltdowns.

We have called HR, written statements and even called the hotline. But our terminal manager continues to lie and play it off as if wasn't nothing serious when he talks to the people who investigate the incident(s).

Do you have similar situation at your terminal and how did it get handled?

over9five

Staff member
You have to re-call the hotline and ask why your boss is hiding workplace violence.

Tell them you thought we had a zero tolerance policy.

johndobee

Maybe a group of your could try to "reason" with this hothead after work and off property some time? Barring that, you might want to find out why management protects him. You did mention other people being quite concerned about this individual. Perhaps you could put together a class action grievance against the manager and his handling of this person. "maintenance of standards" and "past practice" articles should be enough to bring in the UPS labor boys for a sit down to hear the grievance as long as your BA is going to back you up.

O

OldSnake63

he is your brother, stick together . instead of snitching him out to management go to your steward and settle it on the shop floor .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
at our center the center manager and another driver were getting to fight right outside. everybody was around and saw it. it was pretty funny i waz hoping they would because the center manager would have gotten destroyed. i would have paid good money to see that one lol.