Anger Management!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There comes a point in a thread when you just have to give up and say nothing. I watched the "UPS shut down" thread start, and go downhill from there. I added, what I believed to be, a thoughtful response. I just wonder what the response would have been, had no one responded when the poster/s started ranting?

I didn't take it personally, when the person stated their opinion about the USPS or FedEx, though I understand how some of us can be irked by some of the things the poster said. What I'm getting at is, why spoil your down time? We're not a gang, we're a family. Like all families, I understand, we have differing opinions. Sometimes those opinions can get us into trouble.

Our very lives are put at risk, daily. Why should I leave my grueling job to come to my little peace of heaven and let myself get put through hell? You can't beat understanding into someone. There comes a time when you have to realize, this is not in your control and it's time to let it go.

jmho, as always.

upsgrunt

I agree Steve- that thread went the wrong way in so many directions that sometimes I literally cringed. I agree that I too felt backed into a corner by the O.P.'s, but we all need to remember that all these posts are on the interweb for the whole world to look at.
Just like a dirty package car, some of the posts created images that I don't feel that UPS would want the world to look at, but sometimes people feel a strong need to stand up for what they feel is right. It's a double edged sword- if UPS people didn't stand up for the company, we would be tagged as "non carers", and when do defend the company we somehow get the same label.
I'm not sure what the right thing to do is.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Well imho...Its just like what other posters have said....We have our differences with each other but when someone attacks us we have each others back :happy2:

old brown shoe

30 year driver
People just do not realize what it takes to get a package from point A to point B. They act like we drove across town or country and picked up that one package and drove it to them and it is only thing we had to do. It reminds me of when you have a NI1 and the people will drive to the center in the middle of the day to pick it up two hours after you tried to deliver it to their house.
They may not realize when they come to BC that it is not a bunch of people that come here to moan and groan about one package. Instead it is a pretty tight knit community of people who work for the same company. We all have our complaints about things that happen at work and come here to vent. But dont poke us in the eye without expecting some of us to come after you.

BigBrownSanta

I originally thought the OP of that thread was BBaG, and I think many others who have had a "more personal" encounter with BBaG thought that also. That may have brought out a little more hostility from some the individuals that responded.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against BBaG, but I do now question the validity of every new poster that shows up due to some of BBaG's impersonation threads.

JMO.

outta hours

get-happy.jpg
get-happy.jpg

satellitedriver

There comes a point in a thread when you just have to give up and say nothing. I watched the "UPS shut down" thread start, and go downhill from there. I added, what I believed to be, a thoughtful response. I just wonder what the response would have been, had no one responded when the poster/s started ranting?

I didn't take it personally, when the person stated their opinion about the USPS or FedEx, though I understand how some of us can be irked by some of the things the poster said. What I'm getting at is, why spoil your down time? We're not a gang, we're a family. Like all families, I understand, we have differing opinions. Sometimes those opinions can get us into trouble.

Our very lives are put at risk, daily. Why should I leave my grueling job to come to my little peace of heaven and let myself get put through hell? You can't beat understanding into someone. There comes a time when you have to realize, this is not in your control and it's time to let it go.

jmho, as always.
Steve,
I agree.
I am a 22 yr driver and have the honor of being a Mod in BC.
It is very difficult for me to bite my tongue and just sit back and read, often I do not.
My bad.
Opinions are just what they are, and they are welcomed in the Brown Cafe, but, any personal attack or foul language will be met head on.
As you do, all I can do is share my perspective and experience in the Brown world.
This site is not in any one's control that posts, it is in everyone's control, and ,I for one, will try my best to keep BC weird, free and open to all,but, when anyone crosses the line, this little stevie will show his horns,fangs and claws.
I probability stepped on this post too hard, but seeing the turn some threads have taken, I just had to speak my piece.

jw55wags

I agree with what Steve said. If only those so called customers could see what we go through everyday to get there parcel to them. Then and only then hopefully they would have more of an understanding of what we do.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree as well. I think it would be a good idea to add to Danny's thread, "Pointers for customers..............". Lets put some good info out there for customers that have questions about what to do. It would be good to have it 'stickied' with the other 2 threads. There is alot of good advice amongst us, probably a 1000 yrs of advice if all were totaled.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I agree as well. I think it would be a good idea to add to Danny's thread, "Pointers for customers..............". Lets put some good info out there for customers that have questions about what to do. It would be good to have it 'stickied' with the other 2 threads. There is alot of good advice amongst us, probably a 1000 yrs of advice if all were totaled.

I think the 1000 years of advice may be on the light side. There is probably 10,000 years of experience on BC.

What's a zero among friends??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This may sound a little crazy, but would any one ever stop and think that some of these crazy new posters over the Seattle situation could be some big wigs trying to feel out how serious we take our jobs &
responsibilities and what our extreme efforts are under trying situations!! I wouldn't put it past them!! God knows we have been tested in the past & if you don't think so,,well, you havn't worked here long enough!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This may sound a little crazy, but would any one ever stop and think that some of these crazy new posters over the Seattle situation could be some big wigs trying to feel out how serious we take our jobs &
responsibilities and what our extreme efforts are under trying situations!! I wouldn't put it past them!! God knows we have been tested in the past & if you don't think so,,well, you havn't worked here long enough!!!!
Interesting point, Cove. Bet we never fing out.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Cove

If so, I guess they got more than they bargained for?

UPS is kinda like the Marines in a way. We have each others back during the bad times, but we love to tear each other up in fun. But let someone mess with one of ours, and see what hell comes down.

d

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You are right D. I always defened other drivers when some customers put them down,or if someone knocked the operation!! As was noted here many of times, your average person could not handle it here!! It does take someone special in any of our operations to get it done and as bad as it gets I'll always defend the place that has given me a check !!!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
UPS is kinda like the Marines in a way. We have each others back during the bad times, but we love to tear each other up in fun. But let someone mess with one of ours, and see what hell comes down.

d

Reminds me of the time a retired Navy Seal was hired as a peak season driver. One evening in the middle of snow storm I was asked to help him out. We met up & since he had the P1000 with a good heater we worked out his car. We got the stops off in less than hour and he said, "You guys are crazy!"

I told him thats what we do when the going gets tough. He asked not to be called back in the summer.

iowa boy

and he said, "You guys are crazy!"

Isn't this why we all work for brown, cuz we are all just a little bit crazy. :happy-very: