Angry Bees

SuperHandler

So a bee hive in a package broke out while in a couriers truck. Was priceless watching the courier bitch while running for it. LMAO.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Not much humorous about that...to some people a bee sting is as dangerous as a rattlesnake bite is to others. And I'll bet more than a few of them work at FedEx.

I'm not one of those, fortunately, but I still don't appreciate getting stung by the damn things.

Bees (and all venomous critters) should be forbidden cargo.

CJinx

Bees qualify as 'beneficial insects' for the purposes of transportation through the network. Still; if someone intends to ship them, they should be taking every precaution to prevent them from getting loose if the parcel is dropped or damaged.

whenIgetthere

About ten ago, I opened a dropbox and a bunch of bees flew out and about ten of the bit me. I sent a message to dispatch on the old DADS unit. Their reply was to bring bee spray with the following day. My reply was FO!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
About ten ago, I opened a dropbox and a bunch of bees flew out and about ten of the bit me. I sent a message to dispatch on the old DADS unit. Their reply was to bring bee spray with the following day. My reply was FO!
Heaven forbid for dispatch to ask if you were gonna be OK.

El Morado Diablo

It could have been worse. Dispatch could have said you pupped the box early so you needed to go back and pup it again. ;)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I saw a flat bed 18 wheeler pass me one night that had hives stacked about 4' tall front to back. It was covered with a net/screen that you could see through. those honeybees were pist! Never knew they transported them that way.

CJinx

Great advice, and an excellent way to burn your house down and/or blow yourself up.
A quick burst will destroy the nest instantly because they have the consistency of paper. A house would require a sustained jet of flame before it caught fire. Just don't blast your curtains or anything flammable like that.

As for the can exploding; it's not possible. Fires require three elements: ignition, fuel, and oxygen. There is no oxygen inside of the aerosol can so the flames cannot travel back up into the nozzle and explode the can. This is why chemical fire extinguishers are effective; cut off the oxygen supply and the fire goes out.

959Nanook

I saw a flat bed 18 wheeler pass me one night that had hives stacked about 4' tall front to back. It was covered with a net/screen that you could see through. those honeybees were pist! Never knew they transported them that way.
Can't speak for that truck; however, farmers can hire contractors to bring bees in just as you describe and the bees work their magic. When they are done, the contractor collects the bees and moves on to the next job. I am not certain; however, I think it is more prevalent in some parts of the country than others.