Ankles and feet

Indecisi0n

You guys get sore ankles and feet from getting in/out the truck so much? What do you do to help or comforte your feet ankles?

Lately I've been using Sketchers with rocker soles, slip resistant, and they really help a lot. I'm not sore anymore when I get up after eating lunch. I water proof them myself and they are great.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I've got plantar fasciitis. Cortisone shots help for a short while, but it keeps coming back in one foot. Shorter hours would really help my condition, but I don't think that's ever going to happen again. I'm looking forward to reading other responses to this thread. Maybe someone has a tip that would help me also.

badpal

I've got plantar fasciitis. Cortisone shots help for a short while, but it keeps coming back in one foot. Shorter hours would really help my condition, but I don't think that's ever going to happen again. I'm looking forward to reading other responses to this thread. Maybe someone has a tip that would help me also.
There are some mornings i get up i can barely walk to the bathroom feels like every bone in the arch of my feet has collapsed. But mine gets better as the day goes on which you wouldnt expect .As for me the exercises they give you do the most good, plus a custom made arch support. Sometimes i quit doing the exercises and i pay for it .

idrivethetruck

There are some mornings i get up i can barely walk to the bathroom feels like every bone in the arch of my feet has collapsed. But mine gets better as the day goes on which you wouldnt expect .As for me the exercises they give you do the most good, plus a custom made arch support. Sometimes i quit doing the exercises and i pay for it .
I've got custom insoles also. That's what helped the PF go away in my one foot, but it still persists in the other. The one thing I found that helps is Rainbow Sandals. My doc said never walk barefoot, ever. So, I bought a pair of Rainbows that I keep beside my bed. I step into them when I get up and I only take them off to put on my shoes. I wear them when I walk my dogs in the morning also. They feel so good, I wish I could wear them at work. They do reveal my massive sock tan though!

helenofcalifornia

Well, my foot doctor said wear Reebox or Nike-like shoes, never wear any type of ahoe without arch support, and, if my achilles starts bothering me again, wear two inch heels. Wonder if he recommends this to the guys. Maybe you guys could break out those disco shoes from the 80's and pass it off as therapy.

Indecisi0n

The shoes i use aren't really a problem. I wear Nike's and a extra thick cushion sole insert. It makes walking around really easy but i still get that stiff feeling like someone described when i wake up. Its like i worked out and the ankles are sore. I guess its normal.

themidnightoil

You guys get sore ankles and feet from getting in/out the truck so much? What do you do to help or comforte your feet ankles?

you might have this... http://www.plantar-fasciitis.org/

The traditional remedies for plantar fasciitis include stretching the calf, massaging, decreasing one's training, losing weight, purchasing better-fitting shoes (with a raised heel and arch support), icing the sore heel, and taking ibuprofen.

I have been stretching my calf every morning and night and sometimes even while driving between stops. after about a week, I have started to notice alittle less pain (in the morning) but it is not 100% yet. Was told it can take up to 4 weeks to be pain free.

Have a great 4th all!!

NHDRVR

For me it's elbows and wrists. 21 years in, 8 since I had an industrial park but the damage was done. Ibuprofen when needed (not too often) but it still bothers me here and there. I think I am in the minority when I tell you that my back is 100%. I am very careful with that. I keep my weight in check too, it helps. IMO too many people don't think about that...

UPSGUY72

Along with good shoes make sure you are holding the hand rail when getting in and out of you car. When I deliver in a residential area I also pull the car up near the grass not the driveway so when I step out I also have the grass to cushion my step off the car.

Sooner or later you will get a newer car with a lower step that will help.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
One word, Glucosamine ( 1500 mg ). Does wonders for making your joints feel better. I got of this awhile ago, until last week. I felt like a million bucks.

Edit, Warning though, if your alergic to shell fish dont take it.

idrivethetruck

...decreasing one's training...
That would mean working less hours, right? Ha Ha Ha Ha....good one!

...I think I am in the minority when I tell you that my back is 100%. I am very careful with that.
That's awesome! I spent over half my career at UPS with back issues. Sciatica so bad I would sometimes call my wife to have her meet me in the driveway with the crutches when I came home from work. Slowly, it started getting better. It wasn't until I bought a new mattress, soft and pillow-top, that the condition went away for good. It's been probably about 4 or 5 years since I've had a flair-up. Turns out, those extra-firm mattresses that were recommended back in the day aren't so great for your spine. My back is strong now, I just wish my foot would stop hurting now.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Did not/would not buy a new pair of shoes for a ten year stretch during that time.
I never thought it would be possible to go ten days without buying a pair of shoes, let alone, ten years. Now, I wonder what I would have done during this timeframe. Gone barefoot, I guess.