Ann Romney's Speech

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

My eyes water at that. Many will not understand. Bless you AJ.

I like the part where she spoke of living with two saw horses and a wood plank across the top, and an ironing board for a dinner table, it was so, how can i put this?? Hmmm, let see, whats a good word for it?? Let me think......

Oh yeah PHONEY!

MITTENS had 400 thousand shares of GM stock and American Motors stock at the time and they BOTH LIVED OFF OF IT by her own admission, neither one of them had a JOB. She said "we lived off the selling of shares and neither one of us worked a job""

WOW, I wonder why she left that out of her speech???

It was sooo touching, for a crock. You bought that story?? how about this one she told in 1994:

Ann Romney: "Andrew Sabl quotes a 1994 interview with Ann Romney in the Boston Globe wherein she explains the material deprivation she and Mitt undertook in their student days, when both were so poor and jobless they had to support themselves by selling shares of stock that Mitt had been given by his dad:

They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income. It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.

We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.""

How hard it must have been to be unemployed and able to sell shares of STOCK to survive... sounds like all of middle america.

Peace

TOS