Another Day Where I'm Done "5 Hours Early"

MaineGroundDriver

Yup, we're just out until all hours of night over here at the Green Crew .. bahahaha .. Done and out of the terminal by 1 PM .. How do ya like me now?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Good on ya...Now, can we count on you to report in to us in the same fashion the next time you're out well beyond 8 hours?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Not too many people living in ME have the funds to be internet shopping all day like some people on the W. coast have.

vantexan

All I know is it's the end of the month and I got 9.5 hrs on a 4X10 when not long ago this time of the month I easily got 10.5+. All in my loop were in early. Had an 8.5 hr day last week. Pretty hard to make a living on a 4X10 these days. Will need several raises just to make up what we have lost in hours this year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yup, we're just out until all hours of night over here at the Green Crew .. bahahaha .. Done and out of the terminal by 1 PM .. How do ya like me now?

You're obviously not taking enough work out with you. And don't tell me everyone else was back in early too.

yeldarb

Here at ups I was lighter than normal as well. 210 stops, 320 pieces, but I did make it work for an 11 hr paid day+ my bonus that I will know tomorrow. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

but I thought Ground was supposed to be awash in volume (?)....It must've gone to UPS instead

Ground will be awash in volume soon enough. However, I don't get someone who is paid by the hour bragging they were off at 1 pm. This sounds like the old Express trick where the manager tells you how many hours you have on Friday morning so they can bring you in early and avoid paying OT. My favorite is when my manager does this, and then I end up getting 12 hrs that day because someone broke-down, got sick, or something else went wrong.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

In Californian there is no such thing as daily flat rate if you are scheduled a regular five day a week job. You are actually considered salary. So if you are a sick a day you are legally still entitled your weekly salary. Most ground drivers are unaware of this and that's just the way the BbScams buddies like it.

STFXG

In Californian there is no such thing as daily flat rate if you are scheduled a regular five day a week job. You are actually considered salary. So if you are a sick a day you are legally still entitled your weekly salary. Most ground drivers are unaware of this and that's just the way the BbScams buddies like it.

That's why most contractors offer a piece rate OR daily/weekly rate. The piece rate is low enough to be higher than minimum wage. But the daily/weekly is always higher. Not a scam, just a loophole.

HomeDelivery

that's why i negotiate with BOTH a flat rate & pay-per-stop... recently i walked in w/ a 60 stop load & was kinda pissed due to the commute & baby-sitter fees

so now i am going to tell him it's going to be a minimum set rate of $120 per day and anything after 80 stops will be additional rate of $1.60