Another Driver protects himself from a dog

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Yesterday I had the owner of a Golden Retriever restrain their dog. No, she wasn't vicious. I was afraid she was going to jump in the truck and come home with me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let dog bite, file charges, sue.

Dogs are like guns, there if you need it, but that comes with a whole lot of personal responsibility.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
In my state, the law is on my side to go knock on someone's door, as long as I have not opened any gates. That being said, I do not get out of the package car to an aggressive dog. It is NI1, (dog) in remark column and given to the clerk. State law is that all dog bites must be reported.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here you can open gates (many mailboxes are on side on house inside fenced in area) and that is also the only way to get to the porch but you don't hop over a locked gate. If you see a dog in yard you don't have to enter.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It wasn't some loser with a yard full of pit bulls. Just some old guy with a couple of little dogs. Case closed. If the guy calls in and complains that I was rude, different story.

oldngray

nowhere special
It wasn't some loser with a yard full of pit bulls. Just some old guy with a couple of little dogs. Case closed. If the guy calls in and complains that I was rude, different story.

The little dogs are usually the biters. And their owners are the ones less likely to control their dogs. The only upside is those bites are usually less serious than from a big dog.

EastBrown N Down

I have raised pit bulls my whole life, they are only as dangerous as they're owners. My last one was a family dog who would let the kids ride on his back, if we would let them. We knew that people were nervous so, as responsible owners, we would always put him in a room whenever answering a door for a package, or even when company would come over. I really hate the assumption that every pit is a killer. Also like guns, they don't kill people, stupid mofos with guns (and pitbulls) kill people

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The little dogs are usually the biters. And their owners are the ones less likely to control their dogs. The only upside is those bites are usually less serious than from a big dog.
That and I'm fully confident that a swift kick from my size 13 steel toes will do the trick.

This is pretty simple guys expecially on rural routes. Dogs loose I don't know. Bag it and drop it in the yard.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Kick the snot out of anyone's dog(s), is my first response ALWAYS. I don't get paid to think about a dog's welfare when it decides to approach me, especially when barking or growling. If it's in a fenced yard, I simply leave a notice and come back the next day. Should a dog break loose or sneak attack me, well, I KICKED YOUR DOG goes into action. Oh well, not everyone loves "your" stupid animal.
It is a really good thing that you dont fill in on my route.

TUT

I have raised pit bulls my whole life, they are only as dangerous as they're owners. (Snip) I really hate the assumption that every pit is a killer.

But when in the wrong hands they are dangerous, but not a Chihuahua. So how do I know how it was raised? The assumption is there because a lot of meat heads want biggest baddest dog for protection and again you don't know and don't want to find out when it's a pit.

Since I refuse to live in fear, because I accept end-game on Earth, my two dogs and any dog I will have will never leave guests wondering if it is safe or not. I don't like that feeling when I visit others with agreesive big dogs, so I feel others would feel that way when they come to my home and so I don't do that.

Derail:
I have high speed BB pistols for protection, I assume if someone enters the house illegally (drunk accident) instead of killing them or shooting myself, we would start pelting them with BB's, that :censored2: will hurt and they will want to flee with the bonus of getting to live another day and learn a lesson. I'm not prepared I reckon for a PSP Psycho murder invasion, the chances are crazy astronomical against that happening... and I'm destined to the grave no matter. My point is too many people want to up the protection game until it is even a danger to themselves in certain ways.

Overpaid Union Thug

It doesn't matter how they are raised. If a pit bull gets pissed then they are so much more dangerous than the little crap eaters that yelp and yap every day but are easily shoed away. Look at it this way....... who would you rather get really upset with you to the point they attack? A midget that is always talking :censored2:e anyway but not following through or the 6' 4" 300 pound Neanderthal that is usually calm as an ocean breeze? I would guess the midget.

Pit Bulls, as well as a few others, should always be in a contained area. They are too dangerous to let them out in the open.
Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was at an old wood frame house once, and they had a screen door closed, the big door being open. I knocked on the door and a kid about 4 years old comes to the screen and pushes it open. I see a mean pit running from the back of the house and he is intent on chewing my :censored2: up. No time to run and the kid is holding the door open and is in the way of my grabbing it and closing it. I waited for the dog and kicked at him hard as I could. My shoe jammed in his mouth, all the way to the back, to where he couldn't chomp down. It seemed like forever till the woman of the house got there and pulled the dog off my shoe. Only damage was a couple of scuffs on my shoeshine and a new wariness about letting kids open the door. Boy I remember my adrenaline flowing walking back to the PC.