Another example why

newfie

Sportello

yea renegotiating trade deals that are causing high paying jobs to leave this country makes trump anti-union. Not only does Washington need a good kick in the shorts but your union leadership does too since they have forgotten what they are supposed to be fighting for.
High paying jobs leaving America? I think you are making things up, once again.

Most manufacturing jobs are no longer high paying, semi-skilled labor. In 1970, GM was paying $23.58/hr to start and $24.75 at the top. If you made it to 1990, You were making $27.85. Today it tops out over the course of the contract at $17.79/hr and starts at $13.63, never mind the benefits.

Better retire now, @newtie. Feeders will be the first to go autonomous, and your job wont be worth $13.63/hr at that point., unless you are required to push a broom around the hub at all times.

watdaflock?

trade deals that are causing high paying jobs
What are these "high paying jobs" you speak of? Give me an example.

Most manufacturing jobs are no longer high paying, semi-skilled labor. In 1970, GM was paying $23.58/hr to start and $24.75 at the top. If you made it to 1990, You were making $27.85. Today it tops out over the course of the contract at $17.79/hr and starts at $13.63, never mind the benefits.

Better retire now, @newtie. Feeders will be the first to go autonomous, and your job wont be worth $13.63/hr at that point., unless you are required to push a broom around the hub at all times.
^ for the mother' win.

Gear

Parts on Order
Im pro union and voted for Trump. But I care more about my country then the money I make at my union job. I think its crazy when union workers pull the "D" just because they are union. But I guess those days are over. Lol.

Gear

Parts on Order
Voting all democrat. Not even looking to see who you're voting for. Just pulling the D. Like a slot machine. Come on, big money, no whammies. Fingers crossed.

rickyb

not sure if its that bad, manufacturing jobs did pay alot and theres a big difference between manufacturing being the dominant industry and most of your jobs being service sector.

anyways i think alot of manufacturing work has been automated too.

rod

Retired 22 years
The Unions have been circling the bowl of the toilet for a few years now. When they are no longer relevant Trump won't deserve all the blame.

BrownArmy

If a candidate's stance on unions is a deciding factor on whether or not you vote for them you're an idiot.

What was Trumps' position on Unions?

Trick question, he never said.

But you voted for him anyway.

Do you really think he has your back?

If Trump stays in office for eight years, breaks the IBT's back, you lose your benefits and your Union job, still gonna be happy you voted for Trump?

Yes, yes, dems weren't helping, and now they're in the 'wilderness', etc.

In your hatred for the farmer, you let a wolf in the hen house.

No eggs tomorrow...

Overpaid Union Thug

Im pro union and voted for Trump. But I care more about my country then the money I make at my union job. I think its crazy when union workers pull the "D" just because they are union. But I guess those days are over. Lol.
Exactly! I don't even consider their stance on unions. It would be a tie breaker at best. But it'll never come down to that. The candidates are always so far apart

What was Trumps' position on Unions?

Trick question, he never said.

But you voted for him anyway.

Do you really think he has your back?

If Trump stays in office for eight years, breaks the IBT's back, you lose your benefits and your Union job, still gonna be happy you voted for Trump?

Yes, yes, dems weren't helping, and now they're in the 'wilderness', etc.

In your hatred for the farmer, you let a wolf in the hen house.

No eggs tomorrow...
My country is more important than my job. I'm not selfish so my job and its union representation are highly unlikely to affect my vote. Not until all other priorities have been met and both candidates are equal on them. But like I said above.......That'll never happen.

And this thread is evident of a glaring difference between liberals and the rest of the political spectrum. Determining votes based on selfishness rather than on logical priorities.

Last edited: