Another Ground Delivery Goes Wrong

StuffItFred

That looks like an Express label though. But, I have to blame partly the shipper. It is amazing how some of the crap shippers pack into a slim, flimsy cardboard box could make it down the street without falling apart. Let alone across the country. 150lb package in a box designed for 10lbs

headlight

There is no way I would ever let a package like that end up on my truck. Several people missed the boat on that one, unloader in the semi, how many loaders/handlers saw it go by without re-routing it to be checked out, the loader who put it on the truck for delivery and worst of all the driver who actually lugged it up to the door and left it. And it's an express label. Who knew, both operations have people who screw up.

bbsam

Staff member
Here's the rub on that one, we have to take it out and let the customer refuse it. That is unless it's a DG package that's leaking, then it stays behind in a plastic bag.

so a courier would leave that? That's not really giving the customer much of a chance to refuse it, is it?

whenIgetthere

At my station, managers would make sure that package would go on road, and they would also try to send the damaged DG in a plastic bag on road, too!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OMFG...you are suddenly speechless now that it is confirmed as Express.

I looked at all 3 Huff Post pictures. I don't see anything that confirms it's an Express package. If it is, it wouldn't surprise me, but it says "Ground" all over it. All that is missing is the driver's cigarette butt laying on top of it.