Another Ground Delivery Goes Wrong

HomeDelivery

my little handtruck w/ plastic wheels are starting to crack & fall off; luckily the clear packing tape that FedEx supplies at the warehouse is temporarily holding it together :blink:

Chumpy

Not a chance...It would get retaped and made to look good. HAS to be Ground...Sorry to say that about Ground but those that work for an owner get lousy pay,no benefits,NOTHING!

MaineGroundDriver

my little handtruck w/ plastic wheels are starting to crack & fall off; luckily the clear packing tape that FedEx supplies at the warehouse is temporarily holding it together :blink:

I have the cadillac of hand trucks .. converts to a laydown style .. and it's TALL .. have dominated many a bulk stop with that beast .. lol

SmithBarney

I looked at all 3 Huff Post pictures. I don't see anything that confirms it's an Express package. If it is, it wouldn't surprise me, but it says "Ground" all over it. All that is missing is the driver's cigarette butt laying on top of it.

It's got 3 yellow ROADS stickers on it, obviously it's been back and forth, probably final attempt.
It's clearly an Express Package... anyway, I wouldn't take it out on road.

SmithBarney

The reality is that you are highly unlikely to get any help delivering a 150# pkg. Maybe loading it at the station, but not on the road, unless you are at a loading dock where someone might be willing to help. The chances are that you will deliver it or pick it up without assistance in order to save time. And if you do get hurt, you will be charged with a preventable injury and possibly an Unsafe Act...

Believe it or not, I did get help once from a swing driver, I had a memory foam mattress, that had to go to the 4th floor WALKUP.
Worst part about it a young couple walked past me as I was unloading(and waiting for help) and I over hear the girl say "I think that's our bed" as they hurried away. Well it was delivered by me and the swing.. I made sure to leave it RIGHT at the door.

Grounded

Not a chance...It would get retaped and made to look good. HAS to be Ground...Sorry to say that about Ground but those that work for an owner get lousy pay,no benefits,NOTHING!

Common misconception. All ISPs are required to provide their employees with insurance and a retirement plan. Not sure about ICs but I can't imagine it would be a different policy.

MAKAVELI

Common misconception. All ISPs are required to provide their employees with insurance and a retirement plan. Not sure about ICs but I can't imagine it would be a different policy.

Bullsheet man. Where I am at they are not required to provide anything.

TUT

Are you guys sure that is even an Express box? The label doesn't look like a Fedex label at all.

Also who's to say they are telling the truth? I mean anyone can do that and then say whatever the hell they want, right?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Are you guys sure that is even an Express box? The label doesn't look like a Fedex label at all.
Pretty sure it is.
It's got 3 of our yellow roads labels on it. And, it looks like it has an express door tag peel-off sticker.
I bet the reg. driver attempted it, door tagged it and, called in sick the next day so as not to have to deal with it.
Swing driver just dumped it and ran.

That label looks like a typical Amazon express label. Who else would sell something like that and then ship it through an express system. These days I'm seeing all sorts of weird, large, stuff coming from amazon. Including mattress toppers.

RTURNSONLY

These days I'm seeing all sorts of weird, large, stuff coming from amazon. Including mattress toppers.
I delivered 2 mattress toppers last week from Amazon and it was a piece of cake. Each was rolled in and nicely packaged in a sturdy, 35-pound brown box. No biggie here; just roll them in with the dolly, get signature and go. Great exercise for my back!