Another Ground driver wreck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Google

Looks like another FedEx Ground driver behind the wheel of someone else's truck!

Your link didn't work. Oh well, just a few more points on the FMCSA scoreboard. Eventually, every scalehouse, DOT enforcement officer, and Highway Patrol officer will be looking at Ground vehicles with a very critical eye...as they should.

STFXG

Google

Looks like another FedEx Ground driver behind the wheel of someone else's truck!

Your link didn't work. Oh well, just a few more points on the FMCSA scoreboard. Eventually, every scalehouse, DOT enforcement officer, and Highway Patrol officer will be looking at Ground vehicles with a very critical eye...as they should.

They already have been. I know a few guys that have been pulled over and given full inspections within the last few weeks...

northbound

My first post in the thread doesn't have an edit button?

Actually an Express van sitting on its roof. But since Express drivers are perfect figure must be Ground driver behind the wheel.....

Last edited:

HomeDelivery

old article dated January... no followups? that news article sucks big time; no specifics on how that sprinter ended on it's roof?!?

nevertheless, orange or green, i'm glad that no one was hurt ~stay safe no matter what time limitations are placed upon you ~ as MrFX stated, don't be risking your license/life for bad dispatches and/or strict time windows; notify your dispatch ASAP if you're going to be late

sidenote: anyone getting OLCCs for that dumb Apple priority 2nd attempts, then missing your other deadlines yet?

STFXG

Lol the op didn't make sense until you posted the right link! Sprinters don't just flip from the wind. That was a speed issue. Nice trying to cover for the guy though...

bbsam

Staff member

Who's scoring the points now?!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Actually an Express van sitting on its roof. But since Express drivers are perfect figure must be Ground driver behind the wheel.....

Ground driver must have borrowed the truck. Sprinters are well-known for flipping over. Of course, it helps to have a maroon behind the wheel. This is where Ground excels.

STFXG

Ground driver must have borrowed the truck. Sprinters are well-known for flipping over. Of course, it helps to have a maroon behind the wheel. This is where Ground excels.

Not true! Do your research. They are not well known for flipping over. It's very difficult to get one to roll unless you corner extremely hard and suddenly at high speeds. A high wind (excess of 70 mph) will push the van but without cranking the wheel hard and over correcting it isn't going to flip. That's driver error. Read up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not true! Do your research. They are not well known for flipping over. It's very difficult to get one to roll unless you corner extremely hard and suddenly at high speeds. A high wind (excess of 70 mph) will push the van but without cranking the wheel hard and over correcting it isn't going to flip. That's driver error. Read up.

I've got about 50,000 miles in them, and a high crosswind makes them wiggle like a snake. They are also very tippy.

STFXG

I've got over 500,000 miles in them. The earlier models shake a bit more. After 07 they have a better center of gravity. The ESP will kick in and control the truck before you can roll it, unless you over steer when the wind hits. Since you are fighting the ESP when you jerk the wheel back.

Koni shocks/struts fix the wind rocking problems. But I know express won't spend the extra cash on it. They aren't cheap.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Just about an hr. ago I parked behind the Ground guy that's in my area. He drives a 900. I walk up to the open pass. side door and yell "Hey Johnny" into the open sliding bulkhead door. Johnny wasn't in the truck. The truck was full of boxes. I stopped myself short as to walking right into the truck. Ran into Johnny a min. later inside the building we were both del'ing to.