Another Ground driver wreck!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Just about an hr. ago I parked behind the Ground guy that's in my area. He drives a 900. I walk up to the open pass. side door and yell "Hey Johnny" into the open sliding bulkhead door. Johnny wasn't in the truck. The truck was full of boxes. I stopped myself short as to walking right into the truck. Ran into Johnny a min. later inside the building we were both del'ing to.

Let me guess; you guys exchanged a Top Gun style high five while one solitary UPS dude who does both jobs saw that and laughed hysterically?

[video=youtube;uAopLTK4qVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAopLTK4qVs[/video]

northbound

Just about an hr. ago I parked behind the Ground guy that's in my area. He drives a 900. I walk up to the open pass. side door and yell "Hey Johnny" into the open sliding bulkhead door. Johnny wasn't in the truck. The truck was full of boxes. I stopped myself short as to walking right into the truck. Ran into Johnny a min. later inside the building we were both del'ing to.

Funny thing is I see UPS and Express guys/gals doing the same thing

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Let me guess; you guys exchanged a Top Gun style high five while one solitary UPS dude who does both jobs saw that and laughed hysterically?

I wish either of us looked like either of those two guys. The Ground guy looks like Bluto from Popeye.
I wanted to tell him that a smokin' hot customer across the street was lookin' for him b'c he might have the shoes she ordered.

As far as UPS dudes, you ever heard of a UPS "air driver"? Guess what? They go to the same stops on the same day as the "regular" UPS driver.

bbsam

Staff member
Now, that's a normal Ground/HD accident. Driver is OK, which is good, but he's going to be in big trouble for lighting-up that joint while steering into the driveway.
True. All my trucks have a water bong incorported into the cooling system to prevent such an occurance.

Schlepper

Did that truck really "lose control" or did buddy try to squeeze under that small arch? If it's the latter, that was a bonehead move.

DS

Fenderbender
Old or new this would be a nice avatar for some of you.
truck_8.jpg

MaineGroundDriver

Funny, but as a Ground Driver I bring as many packages to the local WMart as does Express and UPS combined .. at the local hospital I bring as many as Express, UPS and UPS Air (and yes, they deliver SEPERATELY) combined .. wow, you Express guys have it rough! Giggle