Another one gone due to stupidity

!Retired!

While sitting in the break room, I saw a courier I hadn't seen in a while. Our belt is pretty long, so I don't see everyone everyday. I asked around and found out she did a DEX 8 (not home/closed) on some packages at an apartment complex and didn't go to the leasing office because she had a flight to catch (that's what I heard). Well, the a couple of the customers called to complain because they were home waiting for the packages to arrive.

End result: Falsification = immediate termination.

Funny thing is, she didn't have to DEX them. She could have delivered them directly to the office without doing the DEX on them. She MAY have gotten in trouble for not attempting them at the apartments and being lazy, but at least it wouldn't have been falsifying and would still have a job.

It will be fine

I get those calls all the time. Customer says they were home by the door all day just waiting. They are always ignored by us. I can't imagine someone getting hit for falsification for that. Recipients lie all the time. What else did she do?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I get those calls all the time. Customer says they were home by the door all day just waiting. They are always ignored by us. I can't imagine someone getting hit for falsification for that. Recipients lie all the time. What else did she do?

It's a big no-no for us to leave packages outside apartment doors.

Those calls are usually ignored at Express also. Maybe because there were multiple calls.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Have her file a grievance, oh that right. She can only crawl back on her hands and knees to beg for her job back. I hope she gets it back.

Purplepackage

Also she had to have done something else, people put dex 8s on things all the time when they either can't find something or just don't know where to deliver it. I've never heard of someone getting fired for falsifying after a few complaints, the customer is always right until the CSA hangs up the phone

Purplepackage

Ours will show when (if?) we make the initial attempt at their attempt and the second attempt at the leasing office.

I mean like we select the address in the power pad, that opens the stop we can the package ( anywhere doesn't matter) no matter what that means you were at the house doesn't really pinpoint exact location

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also she had to have done something else, people put dex 8s on things all the time when they either can't find something or just don't know where to deliver it. I've never heard of someone getting fired for falsifying after a few complaints, the customer is always right until the CSA hangs up the phone

I would think multiple "non delivery attempt" complaints at the same address on the same day would warrant some form of discipline.

dezguy

I have never heard of someone being terminated for not going to the leasing office. I know of one case where the apartment/leasing office was stealing packages being left for residents. There are neighbourhoods on my route where I wouldn't even think of doing an indirect delivery and have let managers know this.

Usually there are cameras trained on the entrance to apartment buildings. So long as the driver at least buzzed up to the residents (who presumably didn't answer), I don't see how she could be fired.

FedUpMac

Never delivered to a leasing office, and have never ever heard it suggested that I should. This sounds wrong. I'm with the others, she must have done something much worse. That or she had multiple things on her record and they were just looking for an excuse. Who knows.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
I used to do that all the time. If it was far out of the way and the only stop over there, code 07 it at the previous stop and crumple the door tag. On to the next stop.

overflowed

this sounds more like she never even went to the complex at all, never worked at any station that you had to go to the leasing office. More of a personal choice.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Also she had to have done something else, people put dex 8s on things all the time when they either can't find something or just don't know where to deliver it.

The correct scan would be a DEX03 with a brief explanation in the OTHER reason category.

59 Dano

Never delivered to a leasing office, and have never ever heard it suggested that I should.

Wow! It's common here if the pkg isn't ASR/DSR, no one is home, and it's not suitable for release at the door. There are also some apartment complexes that are geared entirely to college students that have us bring pkgs to the office for delivery instead of to the residents' doors. Our experience with those have been free of any hassle.

59 Dano

While sitting in the break room, I saw a courier I hadn't seen in a while. Our belt is pretty long, so I don't see everyone everyday. I asked around and found out she did a DEX 8 (not home/closed) on some packages at an apartment complex and didn't go to the leasing office because she had a flight to catch (that's what I heard). Well, the a couple of the customers called to complain because they were home waiting for the packages to arrive.

End result: Falsification = immediate termination.

Funny thing is, she didn't have to DEX them. She could have delivered them directly to the office without doing the DEX on them. She MAY have gotten in trouble for not attempting them at the apartments and being lazy, but at least it wouldn't have been falsifying and would still have a job.

Any idea what her record looks like or how well she got along with her manager? I'm asking because I know managers who wouldn't fire for that unless you already had significant dings on your record. They would discipline you in creative ways that the company probably would never approve.