Another possible n00b

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you feel the need to pay for grad school? Suze Orman suggests that any post-secondary education be self-funded. I disagree with her at the 2 or 4 year level but do agree that grad school should be completely on their own dime. You have to cut the cord at some point. You also have to plan for your future needs.

b1gj1m304

Why do you feel the need to pay for grad school? Suze Orman suggests that any post-secondary education be self-funded. I disagree with her at the 2 or 4 year level but do agree that grad school should be completely on their own dime. You have to cut the cord at some point. You also have to plan for your future needs.

Why is it anyone's business about my decision concerning my son's education? I don't recall asking for anyone's advice on that.

I simply started this thread to introduce myself and now it's all about my son's tuition.

Rainman

Its all good.
Why is it anyone's business about my decision concerning my son's education? I don't recall asking for anyone's advice on that.

I simply started this thread to introduce myself and now it's all about my son's tuition.
Now you get an idea about how quickly threads get derailed. Good luck with the job. And Welcome to BC.

MeltedSnowman

I'm in a similar spot to yours b1gj1m304. I also work for a state government and have good benefits and pay but I need some extra cash. My wife was unable to work for nearly two years because of health issues and the debt began to pile up. If you get hired people will eventually ask why you came to UPS or what other job you have. Enjoy watching their eyes bug out their head when you tell them you have a FT job you enjoy. Unlike others you won't feel trapped by the job. If you want to quit you can quit if that is your personal choice. You should be fine doing the job. I am 10 years younger than you but have held a desk job for the past 8 with little physical activity. I don't work out. Despite that I am doing fine as a loader.

b1gj1m304

MeltedSnowman that's good to hear. Although I'm 46 I do workout 5-6 days a week doing lots of cardio. Not sure if that would make the job any easier but it shouldn't hurt. I think the main thing would be finding a good fast and productive pace. Obviously I want to do a good job and not get canned on my first day. As a part time seasonal, I certainly don't expect to have the job longer than 5-6 weeks. From everything I've read and seen it would be unlikely for me to be offered permanent employment.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
MeltedSnowman that's good to hear. Although I'm 46 I do workout 5-6 days a week doing lots of cardio. Not sure if that would make the job any easier but it shouldn't hurt. I think the main thing would be finding a good fast and productive pace. Obviously I want to do a good job and not get canned on my first day. As a part time seasonal, I certainly don't expect to have the job longer than 5-6 weeks. From everything I've read and seen it would be unlikely for me to be offered permanent employment.

I work for the other company and have done tons of loading. Trust me, you will discover muscles you never knew existed. Advil will be your friend for a few weeks.

Z

ZQXC

I see you've met upstate. LOL

It's not necessary to ask for his advice; it will be freely given.