Another retro check thread

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why are you still spreading this BS when I've posted proof you're straight up wrong.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/new-retro-checks.356625/page-2

You can disagree all you like but I am entitled to my opinion and I think that the company will first try to get their money the nice way, which they are doing now, or the hard way, which they will do when someone doesn't comply with their repayment requests. They will garnish the checks of those employees who decide to play hard ball.

upschuck

You can disagree all you like but I am entitled to my opinion and I think that the company will first try to get their money the nice way, which they are doing now, or the hard way, which they will do when someone doesn't comply with their repayment requests. They will garnish the checks of those employees who decide to play hard ball.
The only way UPS can garnish without consent is through a court order. You would then most definitely be "on the radar" if they had to go that way.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It is not an opinion. That's like saying it's my opinion that the sky is red. It is a fact that in most jurisdictions it is unlawful for an employer to withhold funds without the employee's permission.

upschuck

It is not an opinion. That's like saying it's my opinion that the sky is red. It is a fact that in most jurisdictions it is unlawful for an employer to withhold funds without the employee's permission.
They can go to court, and then tack on court fees to what they owe.