Another suit against this honest company

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
ARE YOU COMPLETELY MENTAL?!?!?!

sorry, this all looked like so darn much fun I just had to get involved

RTURNSONLY

What papers? They might settle because its cheaper than fighting it. But the fact is it hasn't gone national and I can't find a link to a single major news source covering it. Unless you consider the Memphis daily news as a major news source no one will see this or care.
Sorry to prove you wrong, but after doing a quick INTERNET search, it proved that several countrywide outfits, including CNBC, FOX, Marketwatch, among others, are indeed covering the case:

The Biller Law Firm Secures Precedent-Setting Ruling in FedEx Equal Pay Case
The Biller Law Firm Secures Precedent-Setting Ruling in FedEx Equal Pay Case - MarketWatch
Appeals court rules for employee in FedEx Equal Pay case
Nichols Kaster Wins Precedent-Setting Wage and Gender Discrimination Appeal - Press Release - Digital Journal

STFXG

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fedex
http://tinyurl.com/mmhex3q

Let me know how many articles pop up about this.

And the news is covering the court precedent, not the woman claiming equal pay.

Like I said, NO ONE WILL SEE THIS OR CARE. Sorry to point out reality.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Hmmmmmmmm ... she got with "human resources", multiple open doors, GFT's ... that is 180 days right there. Sounds like Memphis dragged their heels on this one, to let the time expire. They will have to answer, as to why they didn't get back to her, much sooner.

hypo hanna

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fedex
http://tinyurl.com/mmhex3q

Let me know how many articles pop up about this.

And the news is covering the court precedent, not the woman claiming equal pay.

Like I said, NO ONE WILL SEE THIS OR CARE. Sorry to point out reality.

Well since a large portion of mid level support jobs are concentrated in Memphis, I'd say the target audience has been reached. They have reported the courts ruling on the precedent and I have no doubt they will continue to report on the case as it proceeds. Well up until the ubiquitous settlement-nondisclosure agreement.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What papers? They might settle because its cheaper than fighting it. But the fact is it hasn't gone national and I can't find a link to a single major news source covering it. Unless you consider the Memphis daily news as a major news source no one will see this or care.
So.........that doesn't mean FedEx will win this.

STFXG

This wasn't an explanation of why FedEx would win this lawsuit. Try to keep up.

MAKAVELI

This wasn't an explanation of why FedEx would win this lawsuit. Try to keep up.
Then please do explain oh wise one?

CJinx

Sounds like she didn't read the print when she accepted the new job, and what she was expecting versus what the paperwork said she was getting were two different figures. It stands to reason that the position would be reclassified to pay less, otherwise why offer a buyout to the guy currently holding it?

MAKAVELI

They offer a buyout to the current employee. Reclassify the job and offer the newly classified position to someone. She accepts the new position and then sues because she's not making as much as the guy before her.

Sounds more like an employee that's pissed she stuck around and is trying to get a payout.
This is your take on the case but doesn't explain in detail why FedEx will win in legal terms.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like she didn't read the print when she accepted the new job, and what she was expecting versus what the paperwork said she was getting were two different figures. It stands to reason that the position would be reclassified to pay less, otherwise why offer a buyout to the guy currently holding it?

Maybe, but that isn't necessarily the way a jury will see it. The main factor here is that the case is getting media exposure, and FedEx hates that. I would expect her to be bought-off promptly.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
She was probably painted a pretty picture by FedEx upper management (in other words, lied to) when she accepted the position. Happens all the time.

CJinx

She was probably painted a pretty picture by FedEx upper management (in other words, lied to) when she accepted the position. Happens all the time.
Be that as it may, she signed an agreement that laid out the terms of her new job as well as the compensation and benefits she would receive. Unless someone tape recorded a manager saying "you will be paid the same as he was", it would seem that this would boil down to a "he said, she said" argument. MFE is probably right; I expect this will likely get settled out of court on the company's terms (gag order).