Another "taken out of service thread"

Cute-UPS-Man

It use to take up to a month before they would issue a letter stating UPS has not contributed to your benefits, then there was I believe a month grace period to pick up COBRA.

I haven't even been back at UPS for my 1 year yet. So I don't even have benefits through the company as of now.

margaritaville

Well he should be fired for physical contact and you should be given your job back with back pay. If what you said is true and there isn't anything you are leaving out.

Cute-UPS-Man

Well he should be fired for physical contact and you should be given your job back with back pay. If what you said is true and there isn't anything you are leaving out.

The only thing I did not mention was I sent him a text message later on the day that I filed a grievance simply saying "don't :censored2: with me" after the earlier exchange of text messages say not to contact me off the clock about start times and he replied with the "don't text me if your late". I meant it as just don't mess with me and leave me alone. Guess he took it the wrong way... Not my problem, but the text was outside of ups time and he tried to address that on UPS time at the same time as he did about him being moved to a different part of the building.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The only thing I did not mention was I sent him a text message later on the day that I filed a grievance simply saying "don't :censored2: with me" after the earlier exchange of text messages say not to contact me off the clock about start times and he replied with the "don't text me if your late". I meant it as just don't mess with me and leave me alone. Guess he took it the wrong way... Not my problem, but the text was outside of ups time and he tried to address that on UPS time at the same time as he did about him being moved to a different part of the building.
SMH.......... Come on, bro. That right there just sealed your fate. Good luck in your future endeavors. Your ups career is over.

Cute-UPS-Man

SMH.......... Come on, bro. That right there just sealed your fate. Good luck in your future endeavors. Your ups career is over.
I'll see about the UPS career being over in a little under 2 weeks from today. I will update once the verdict is given..

Cute-UPS-Man

The plot thickens!
On or off the clock, that text you sent could be construed as a threat of potential violence.
Best to provide all facts in first post.

Yeah... If he really felt that threatened he should've gone to the police and the UPS right then and there? Which he never did! The text was sent 2 days prior to the altercation. He had enough time to plead his concern to management or the authorities imo.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah... If he really felt that threatened he should've gone to the police and the UPS right then and there? Which he never did! The text was sent 2 days prior to the altercation. He had enough time to plead his concern to management or the authorities imo.
Of course that is your opinion. You want your job back.

What he did was wrong, what you did was dumb. This whole situation is just bizarre.

Cute-UPS-Man

Your BA did not say that, or he is the worst BA in history . The text message is very relevant.

That's what he told me... The BA is submitting everything for the panel hearing. I don't know how good the BA's track record is but I'm just waiting now. I have already sourced alternate health insurance for the time being until open enrollment at my fulltime employer. I was really only looking forward to the free health insurance until my wife is done with school in 2 years.. Then see what career I really wanted to pursue.

clean hairy

By the same token, when he got in your face and threatened you, you did not immediately go the Authorities......

Cute-UPS-Man

By the same token, when he got in your face and threatened you, you did not immediately go the Authorities......

This is true. I was at work so the first step taken was to notify the shop steward and go from there. I don't feel threatened by him or anyone else for that matter. The guy has been a bully since he started at UPS about 3 years ago from what I've been told. I wasn't about to let him bully me at work like the others before me. So I simply asked for him to be moved to a different location under the remedy section of the grievance.