Another "taken out of service thread"

El Correcto

god is dead
Alot of people Union and non Union are glad he's gone....
In my opinion it's not enough that he is gone. You were harassed and threatened by a person who has done this before. You were put out of work because of it. I'd at least want back pay at triple time, time and a half would be generous on your part.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I tripped over my feet trying to get away from my aggressor, I hurt my back and was out of work for this long. Could be chronic injury resulting in even more loss time down the road. Guy has history of being agressiv with employees I was scared and panicked.
i'm not seriously condoning fraud, I'm just saying it's always best to be the loser in a work place violence conflict that you didn't start. Unless you are like in the UFC or something, other than that take the dive look like a b* and be very intimidated by the whole situation.
You are condoning fraud by taking that dive.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are condoning fraud by taking that dive.
If I didn't take a dive it'd be assault and battery felony, looks really bad on you when you get pulled over. I'll take my chances with fraud they'd prolly :censored2: with you less.

come to think of it fraud would look good on my resume if I decided to go management.

Dr.Brownz

Get all of your back pay. No matter what any manager says or trys to promise, get all your back pay.

File for however many hours the next person in seniority below you worked over that period (assuming its a higher number than your guaranteed).

underworked1

You're forgetting the texts sent to the supervisor. Can also be perceived as a threat.
Physical always trumps verbal. Ups would probably settle that :censored2: just to not have word get out that management was using physical violence to intimidate employees.
Violence in the workplace or sexual harassment now a days is zero tolerance.

Last edited:

Cute-UPS-Man

Update!

My BA and local president notified me today that the panel retained me and that I'm to report back to work tomorrow! I will not get back pay so it will be a suspension served.. Whatever, I just need the health insurance! Thanks for everybody's input on the forum!

P

pickup

Update!

My BA and local president notified me today that the panel retained me and that I'm to report back to work tomorrow! I will not get back pay so it will be a suspension served.. Whatever, I just need the health insurance! Thanks for everybody's input on the forum!

Good luck, man. Learn from it and don't text anything in the future. I am glad you got your job back.

Cute-UPS-Man

Been back to work for 2 weeks now and I caught wind yesterday that the POS supervisor that caused all of this was seen in the preload managers office on Thursday. The union steward told me yesterday told me that the supervisor had been re hired. I am in disbelief at this point. Anyone care to comment on how this is playing out?