Another Teamcare concession

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Imagine, if you can, the horror of knowing only, $1500 annual dental benefit TeamCare provides.

Imagine again what it might be like to have your spouse diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Your spouse might be prescribed a drug that runs about $3700 per month.

Good ole TeamCare will say," Nah, ChickenLegs, for you? That'll be $5."

You might find yourself slightly grateful and (yikes!) a little more willing to brush/floss your teeth twice per day.

Sent using a Potato
How will that math work in 2017 going forward, when we start paying annual deductibles?
Why would the powers that be deem it necessary?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Yes it was. And everybody knows it.

Bring everyone down to my level? Is that how you see it?

Do we not don our browns in the same fashion?

Do we not pay the same dues? Do we not both, contribute the same amount to DRIVE?

Cry me a river, "brother".

Sent using a Potato

kingOFchester

I'd take your word for it but, you're not a dentist.

Sent using a Potato

How many retired UPSers are losing sleep that others who have retired are getting over a thousand less per month? I guess we should start a campaign to bring all pension payments to the lowest amount. UPS pays the same into our plans, we all do the same work, but yet some get less. Me, I would be pushing for everyone to go up to the highest pension payments.

That said, why is the solution to the inequality is to bring everyone down to the lowest benefits.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

If you have any interest in your future HC, please read the following.

Hypothetical question presented to Hoffa from a UPS Teamster:

Since our health plan changed, reducing our coverage, we have seen a drastic increase in our prescription and health care costs........If I remember correctly, Mr. Hoffa, you made a statement that our last contract was the best we had ever negotiated.

Hypothetical answer from Hoffa:

It is true that the UPS contract negotiated in 2013 was the best contract ever. It has a rich wage and benefit package.....The problem is that once that contract was settled, the stock market collapsed and health care costsdriven primarily the greed of the pharmaceutical companies and the growing number of uninsuredskyrocketed. So every extra dollar that we negotiated in benefits paid for less than it would have in years previous. When we negotiated that contract, we were told by actuaries that what we had negotiated would be sufficient to both maintain pensions and health benefits. Their predictions turned out to be wrong............The other thing you should be aware of is that while the Teamsters Union negotiates contracts, it does not provide you your health or pension benefits. In your case, those are handled by the Central States Health and Pension Funds. Those are funds that are administered by both employee and employer trustees as mandated by federal law and are managed solely on behalf of the member participants. In these circumstances, the trustees of the various health funds that provide benefits to Teamsters members are legally obligated to balance income and expense with the goal of maintaining the financial stability of these important benefit funds. Therefore, cost cutting measures are necessary to protect the funds.......We are strong supporters of such advocacy groups as the National Coalition on Health Care (NCHC) that espouse the cause of universal health care for all Americans.

Well, the above hypothetical conversation is not hypothetical. It happened around 2002. Read it. History repeats itself.

http://old1.teamster.org/hoffa/AskHoffa/conversations050106.htm

Not bashing Hoffa/Hall, just pointing out what happened in the past, and what is a probability for our HC future. Be prepared, don't spend all your $$ on frivolous stuff and live hand to mouth.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And most upser's, don't know or care.

The only time they think about the Union.... is when Union dues are deducted from their check.

-Bug-
Most didn't know or care.
Now they do.
When you realize why they didn't, it may be too late.
People are beginning to "wake up".

The Milkman

How will that math work in 2017 going forward, when we start paying annual deductibles?
The YES voters did not think the long term results of their vote. I am already paying more as a retiree thanks to them...Will only get worse down the road. By that time, They will feel the finacial pain they inflicted on themselves as well as many others like myself..

kingOFchester

If the market tanks, or the fund starts to run dry, or the board feels as though it is necessary, you will see a change in benefits before 2017. These benefits are not negotiated between UPS and the Teamsters. UPS is out of the healthcare business. They pay X amount per employee. The Central states then manages the fund.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Grills are not covered.
grill.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How much sleep did you lose for your union brothers and sisters who didn't share in your healthcare benefits over the years, brother?

Sent using a Potato
It is not my fault that some of you are always content in what you have and are never willing to fight to get what you deserve. You are the type that never files a grievance and lets the company walk all over you.

Read my past posts. The one thing that I pushed on this new contract was the medical. I said "why do you want to bring me down to your level instead of fighting to bring yourselves up to my level."

So basically, if you don't want to fight, I really don't feel sorry for you. Everybody wants everything for free.