Another thumbs down for UPS

PE Pro

Don't get to work in the unload much but had a belt break today. What a disgrace! Over 70's piled up like trash, most of them the cartons were mangled or torn. Egress violations galore. Packages being dropped and thrown. Extendos not being used right. Irreg drivers driving recklessly fast. Not one load stand seen in use. All of this in plain view of all the supervisors and not one of them took any action regarding one of these issues. Oh that's right we were not having an audit today. What hypocrites! I also happen to check out the minutes of the safety committee and our committee doesn't appear to have an objection to the UPS paperwork procedure of closing unresolved concerns on the concerned log and opening them up again as a new concern. Talk about falsification of documents. It appears we are in great hands with our safety committee representation. Whatever!

PE Pro

So what do you want a medal or something.
Wow, what a reply. I haven't heard that one since grade school but what the heck. I'll take a medal or something. Maybe if you can donate a pair of brown gloves or a pair of disposable sleeves. That'll do just fine. :happy-very:Again nice reply. Whatever.

Last edited:

PE Pro

Who's supposed to keep the belts from breaking down during the sort? Its easy to point out what others are doing poorly.
You are kidding. Please tell me you are kidding with this reply. Let me and all the other PE mechanics wave our magic wands and keep the belts at UPS from breaking down. I'm almost laughing too hard to complete this.:rofl:
I agree with your opinion on what I saw today, it was a poor job by the unload.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
PE Pro, no offense, but you are talking like it's your first day on the job. It is what it is, never will change, none of it. Who would want to change, anyway?

PE Pro, no offense, but you are talking like it's your first day on the job. It is what it is, never will change, none of it. Who would want to change, anyway?

I think you should get over it that's all Im trying to say. If it's your first day I didn't know that so I guess I am being a little harsh my bad it will get better in a couple more weeks on the job.

22.34life

Don't get to work in the unload much but had a belt break today. What a disgrace! Over 70's piled up like trash, most of them the cartons were mangled or torn. Egress violations galore. Packages being dropped and thrown. Extendos not being used right. Irreg drivers driving recklessly fast. Not one load stand seen in use. All of this in plain view of all the supervisors and not one of them took any action regarding one of these issues. Oh that's right we were not having an audit today. What hypocrites! I also happen to check out the minutes of the safety committee and our committee doesn't appear to have an objection to the UPS paperwork procedure of closing unresolved concerns on the concerned log and opening them up again as a new concern. Talk about falsification of documents. It appears we are in great hands with our safety committee representation. Whatever!
I love it when the auditers are in the building and right in the middle of the dog and pony show something normal happens like an irreg cart comes flying of the train because the pins dont engage right and one of the auditers ask the manager is that supposed to be like that?pretty funny.

PE Pro

You sound real hopeful. With this attitude and the quality of your reply I would hope that you would want to change? No offense. Whatever.:happy-very:

PE Pro

I think you should get over it that's all Im trying to say. If it's your first day I didn't know that so I guess I am being a little harsh my bad it will get better in a couple more weeks on the job.
Get over what? These pointless replies. First day? I don't think so. Where would you get such a silly idea. :confused2: That's right from another pointless reply. Whatever.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
You sound real hopeful. With this attitude and the quality of your reply I would hope that you would want to change? No offense. Whatever.:happy-very:

It's actually likely to get worse. With each thinning of management there will be less enforcement of the policies and procedures. In reality, almost no one follows all the rules all the time. The ones that are followed are the ones that are most enforced. On one hand, people hate it when rules are enforced, on the other hand, people hate it when rules are not enforced.

whiskey

To quote the late, great Paul Harvey (1918-2009), "And now you know... the rest of the story".

Integrity

Binge Poster

PE Pro,
The practices you have mentioned violate UPS Policy, the UPS Code of Business Conduct and UPS Safe Work Methods. If you are aware of these practices it is your responsiblity to report them.

It is management's responsibility to enforce UPS Policy, the UPS Code of Business Conduct and UPS Safe Work Methods. It is your responsibility to report their failure to do this. I recommend that you make an anonymous call to the UPS Help Line.

The egress issue is of particular concern to me since it is part of a Corporate Settlement Agreement between OSHA and the Corporate Executives of UPS.

Sincerely,
I

22.34life

PE Pro,
The practices you have mentioned violate UPS Policy, the UPS Code of Business Conduct and UPS Safe Work Methods. If you are aware of these practices it is your responsiblity to report them.

It is management's responsibility to enforce UPS Policy, the UPS Code of Business Conduct and UPS Safe Work Methods. It is your responsibility to report their failure to do this. I recommend that you make an anonymous call to the UPS Help Line.

The egress issue is of particular concern to me since it is part of a Corporate Settlement Agreement between OSHA and the Corporate Executives of UPS.

Sincerely,
I

your funny,these things are so common this so called "ups help line" would probably say so what.In my building the debag for the small sort will be so covered with bags full of packages and loose smalls ,i mean piles three feet high that there is no where to stand, the debagers stand on top of the piles.the bins will be so full that packages will be falling all over the place,the debaggers will have to crawl on top of these piles and push it down so the small sorter can get to it.I wonder if this "ups help line" would be of any help,probably not sense the first word of this number says "UPS"

Integrity

Binge Poster
your funny,these things are so common this so called "ups help line" would probably say so what.In my building the debag for the small sort will be so covered with bags full of packages and loose smalls ,i mean piles three feet high that there is no where to stand, the debagers stand on top of the piles.the bins will be so full that packages will be falling all over the place,the debaggers will have to crawl on top of these piles and push it down so the small sorter can get to it.I wonder if this "ups help line" would be of any help,probably not sense the first word of this number says "UPS"

22.34life,
You may be correct in your prediction of the response of the UPS Help Line. I have my own concerns about this line. This however does not absolve you of the responsibility to report this situation in your smalls area. What you have described is a clear violation of UPS Policy, the UPS Code of Business Conduct, and UPS Safe Work Methods.

This failure by your management team to recognize and correct this situation should be reported. I recommend the UPS Help Line for situations like this, but what is most important is that the employee reporting the concern feel comfortable with the method of communication that is chosen.

Sincerely,
I