(another) Unbelievable Warning Letter

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Nice job throwing in the Art 37 grievance!

I really hope you do talk to her boss and also call corporate. It's good to draw attention to these kinds of managers.

FWIW: The sick policy HERE is no more than 5 occasions within a year.
An occasion is a call out that may be one day or consecutive days.

Do occurances "reset" January first, here? If so I'll have to bang in sometime soon. :)

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Nope, they look one year back from whatever date it is.

Same here except it is 5 occurences in a 9 month rolling window. Some center manager's will attempt progressive discipline if subsequent occurences fall within the 9 months following the initial warning letter, disregarding the time period prior to the letter but always counting the occurences. They generally lose those at panel based on past practice and precedent.

Billy

I found out late last night that my Manager has been moved. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who replaced him. Dear God it's going to be a long year. I hope my grievances help to calm her down. She only has 1 year to go for retirement. Why couldn't she take the buy out?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I found out late last night that my Manager has been moved. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who replaced him. Dear God it's going to be a long year. I hope my grievances help to calm her down. She only has 1 year to go for retirement. Why couldn't she take the buy out?
She missed it by a few months.

BCFan

file a sexual harassment charge aganist her ....prehaps she touched your tushie in passing...believe me upper management will take notice FAST!!!! BC

helenofcalifornia

Hmmmm...interesting idea though I would go with the plain harassment and see where that gets you. Too bad for you, it is going to be a very long, long year. Going to be like Groundhog Day film with Bill Murray.

Scooter1

File an article 37, call in as many witnesses as you can and make the meeting last as long as possible. In the end, the letter will get thrown out and maybe the center manager's boss will get tired of all this wasted time. This is a no brainer.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sorry, a female management ain't going to be let go!
End of discussion.

Thats because UPS is bias as all hell. Females at UPS, in their opinion, cant do no wrong and are always looked up to and respected by sups.

A male can preload a couple of cars with 1200 packages that day and not a word. A female loads 5oo packages in a shift and gets praised. Well, seems that way at my HUB/center.

The same for female sups. A male sup can spend 3 years in before advancing in level and going full time. A female sup can spend 6 months as a sup and get full time and quickly rise through the ranks, one I know of, seemingly over night.

Last edited:

steeltoe

If you were paid for the day, then you should not be disciplined. In our region, we have option 3. This is a vacation option. Vacation is a benefit. In the past, we have had employee's written up for taking an option 3 and grieved.

How in the world can the company believe that using a benefit can be disciplined? You should file an article 37 and stick with it.

A

anonymous6

I wish I could tell you all the issues I have to deal with while our center manager is on vacation. I can however tell you my story. Yesterday I had to call in because my wife had a high fever (104) and needed to visit a doctor. We have 4 kids ages 10, 7, 5, and 1. Needless to say an adult had to be home to care for them. My normal center manager is on vacation so we have a nice fill in center manager that lost her center while he's gone. When I placed the call to inform them I would not be in. I was greeted with our temp center manager using intimidating tones and remarks about my unavailability that day. I told her I was needed at home and hung up. The next day ( today ) I was given a warning letter for attendance. I am always at work early. Never R-O ( I need the money ) and rarely ever need to use a sick day. My attendance is easily top 5 in my center, perhaps even the building. ( 4 centers ) Naturally, I filled a grievance for the warning letter, but I also added a article 37 grievance as well. ( for the intimidation I got on the call in ) I asked about the 5 sick days and 5 personal days that I had. She stated that the sick days simply meant I would be paid the day, but still was subject to discipline. Has anyone ever heard of this? Seemed to me that she was trying to look important in hopes to get a new gig. I will be happy when she's gone...for good

hope your wife is feeling better.

intimindation works with most employees. unfortunately they don't have enough respect for drivers to address this on a case by case basis.

hope everything works out for you.

op

A

anonymous6

file a sexual harassment charge aganist her ....prehaps she touched your tushie in passing...believe me upper management will take notice FAST!!!! BC

That's wrong. why stoop to such low level. billy has more integrity than that.

Billy

Though my grievances were not heard, someone ( perhaps the call to corporate ) has spoken to her. She seems to be a new person. The warning letter is gone, and this week has gone well really. I expected a lot of negative things and that probably wasn't fair. I haven't had to many prayers answered, but it seems, so far, this one is working out. Time will tell for sure. I will still punch through the 37 in case there are future events a pattern can be established.

tieguy

Banned
I wish I could tell you all the issues I have to deal with while our center manager is on vacation. I can however tell you my story. Yesterday I had to call in because my wife had a high fever (104) and needed to visit a doctor. We have 4 kids ages 10, 7, 5, and 1. Needless to say an adult had to be home to care for them. My normal center manager is on vacation so we have a nice fill in center manager that lost her center while he's gone. When I placed the call to inform them I would not be in. I was greeted with our temp center manager using intimidating tones and remarks about my unavailability that day. I told her I was needed at home and hung up. The next day ( today ) I was given a warning letter for attendance. I am always at work early. Never R-O ( I need the money ) and rarely ever need to use a sick day. My attendance is easily top 5 in my center, perhaps even the building. ( 4 centers ) Naturally, I filled a grievance for the warning letter, but I also added a article 37 grievance as well. ( for the intimidation I got on the call in ) I asked about the 5 sick days and 5 personal days that I had. She stated that the sick days simply meant I would be paid the day, but still was subject to discipline. Has anyone ever heard of this? Seemed to me that she was trying to look important in hopes to get a new gig. I will be happy when she's gone...for good

If your attendance record is as you say then the problem may be your refusal of the center manager's request. We managers have fragile ego's. We crave feelings of omnipotence. Refusing a center manager's personal request to come to work threatens our universe. :happy-very:

If all is as you say then make your phone call or go to HR. Ask for a meeting with the HR manager the employee relations manager and the center manager. Let them explain how your shining attendance record has earned you a warning letter for attendance.