Another View of Newt Gingrich

wkmac

So, TOS wants to talk about Newt, well here you go TOS. Consider this the opening salvo!

Gingrich: Freddie Mac Paid His Consulting Firm Up to $1.8M for 'Strategic Advice'

By THOMAS BEAUMONT, Associated Press
November 16, 2011

URBANDALE, Iowa (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has acknowledged receiving personal compensation from Freddie Mac, the federally backed housing agency, but says he doesn't know exactly how much he was paid.
The former House speaker left open the possibility that his consulting firm received between $1.6 million and $1.8 million. Gingrich says he received a portion of that for providing "strategic advice for a long period of time" after he left Congress.
That amount is significantly higher than the $300,000 figure Gingrich was questioned about last week.
Gingrich spoke with reporters in Iowa on Wednesday. He defended Freddie Mac's role and said every American should be interested in expanding housing opportunities. The federally backed mortgage lender has become a focal point of anti-government sentiment because of the housing crisis.

source

OK TOS, Top that one!
:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He already admits that "couching" Nancy was a big mistake...........

True, but what else can he say at this point? The question I think some conservatives will have is why did he agree to do it in the first place and what does it say about his views on climate change.

wkmac

Stuff like this is what will probably kill him with conservatives:

If you understand Newt and you understand the Enron/Kyoto email, you will then completely understand Newt. Newt is not and has never been what he seems. So many people think that Newt is about smaller gov't but this is a false illusion. A good example to again make you pause on Newt in truth or policy is Lew Rockwell re-visiting a National Review Conference of some years back where Lew and Newt had a difference of opinion.

Newt and Me

Posted on November 15, 2011 by Lew Rockwell
Some years ago, I was invited to speak at a National Review conference in the government capital. In my talk, I praised our predecessors in the Old Right, who came together in opposition to FDR's domestic fascism and drive to war. Afterwards, in the question period, up pops a furious Newt Gingrich to say, at length, that conservatives must love Roosevelt--he was Reagan's hero, after all--and that to criticize Franklin or his New Deal was to risk being written out of the conservative movement. I responded that this is exactly what's wrong with contemporary conservatism: its corporatism and militarism. I never saw Newt again, and I was not invited back.
Newt is a neocon, i.e., a champion of the corporate state and perpetual war, and a corrupt DC lobbyist of the worst sort. He may talk a good game with Obama in power, but it is just a partisan trick.

UPDATE from Tom:
"I almost emailed you about a week ago concerning your speech in Washington so many years ago. It was you, Newt, and Karlyn Bowman of AEI. While you came off as a little stuffy [hey!], I remembered thinking how interesting it was to hear someone from the 'Right' talk against war and militarism. It was a totally different narrative than the supposedly anti-war Left and the pro-war Right. The contrast between you and Newt, then and now couldn't be more stark."

And worth and should be noted, Lew is Ron Paul's former chief of staff from the 1980's.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I like how he is coming on FOXED SPEWS to say that his marital infidelities have been FORGIVEN by GOD, and now he is a better man!

EYE OF NEWT!

Newt Gingrich served his first wife with divorce papers as she lay in a hospital bed seriously ill. He had been having an affair with this soon to be second wife who he later divorced after being caught having sex with a younger staffer on his desk at the capitol just before he resigned in disgraced from the house.

Newt, who never admitted to sleeping with the young staffer, only will admit to having "oral sex". This after he blasted president Clinton for the same thing!

Now he's married to the woman from the movie MARS ATTACKS!

Peace

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like how he is coming on FOXED SPEWS to say that his marital infidelities have been FORGIVEN by GOD, and now he is a better man!

EYE OF NEWT!

Newt Gingrich served his first wife with divorce papers as she lay in a hospital bed seriously ill. He had been having an affair with this soon to be second wife who he later divorced after being caught having sex with a younger staffer on his desk at the capitol just before he resigned in disgraced from the house.

Newt, who never admitted to sleeping with the young staffer, only will admit to having "oral sex". This after he blasted president Clinton for the same thing!

Peace
Don't even go there....adulterers and divorced people can't hold office...............................congress would be hallowed halls with no people in them!! Get real!

wkmac

EYE OF NEWT!

Peace

Wrong! Never Happened! Mother Jones distorted a conversation Newt was having with Jackie in the hospital as the divorce was well in progress before she even went in. This conversation has been verified by Newt and Jackie's own daughter who was actually present for this family conversation and it never happened.

Stick to the facts!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wrong! Never Happened! Mother Jones distorted a conversation Newt was having with Jackie in the hospital as the divorce was well in progress before she even went in. This conversation has been verified by Newt and Jackie's own daughter who was actually present for this family conversation and it never happened.

Stick to the facts!
Gee, maybe he dated the prom queen in high school and stood up the head cheerleader. Who gives a flying....??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Newt has more brains in his big toe than Obama has in his whole skull. Obama would be steam rolled in a debate with Newt. No teleprompter, no notes and no 30 second stuff!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
And you know it's bad when

Yeah, really don't care what Jack says.........

"Abramoff and Scanlon grossly overbilled their clients, secretly splitting the multimillion-dollar profits. In one case, they secretly orchestrated lobbying against their own clients in order to force them to pay for lobbying services."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ahh, I see your prepared to do your best defense of this pig as well! I love it!

Peace.

Now that Cain is going down and Gingrich is rising, they have to spin the fat bastard so he doesn't look like one. Guesss what? He is a fat bastard, and he's got a moral compass that points in all directions. Good luck with turning this turd into a rose.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Mitt Romney was spotted having breakfast with his family this morning. Observers noted that he appeared well rested and relaxed.