another win for freight

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This is great news...another defeat for the BBQ Squad. You know, the FedEx SWAT team that gets dispatched whenever a location is about to get smart and vote for a union. They promise pay increase, better benefits, and then they disappear if the vote goes their way. Those promises? Forgotten.

Get wise, people. Fred's reaction to unions should tell you how much you need protection from his predatory ways.

FU Smith, and hooray for Stockton.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think this is more up to the express guys, majority need to sign cards. Unions tried plenty of times only for the express guys to revert back to the companies lies and turn against the union.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong. The Teamsters tried once in 1996-97, and made some tepid moves during Obama's attempt to amend the RLA a couple of years ago. In the first one, when Smith got his Express Carrier Exemption, the Teamsters just ran away, leaving those of us who were helping them organize in the lurch.

Get your facts straight.

UPSmechanicinblue

http://www.local177.com/
Sorry, but you are dead wrong. The Teamsters tried once in 1996-97, and made some tepid moves during Obama's attempt to amend the RLA a couple of years ago. In the first one, when Smith got his Express Carrier Exemption, the Teamsters just ran away, leaving those of us who were helping them organize in the lurch.

Get your facts straight.

Do you really think the teamsters had a chance with a nation wide vote? esp with those Southern anti union states. Look how many Fedex freight terminals are rejecting union representation.

yadig

Get your facts straight.
Wrong!! Get ur facts strraight! It was oberstar not obama that tried to get the RLA removed. Obama was on the side of Fred S. I remember vividly!!

UPSmechanicinblue

I don't want this to be an argument on my part, I maybe wrong and probably am. I'm just stating my opinion and hope the momentum continues on with freight so maybe the rest of Fedex can follow.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong!! Get ur facts strraight! It was oberstar not obama that tried to get the RLA removed. Obama was on the side of Fred S. I remember vividly!!

Oberstar was the guiding force behind the 1996-97 movement. Obama tried to amend the RLA several years ago, when Mr. Oberstar was out of office. He has since died.

So, you are "wrong!!". Get out your history books and prove me incorrect.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
oh-snap.gif

barnyard

KTM rider

Correct. Oberstar is from the district just north of me and worked very hard to help FE drivers.

Oberstar was a great supporter of middle class peeps. Too bad another has not stepped up to fill his shoes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Correct. Oberstar is from the district just north of me and worked very hard to help FE drivers.

Oberstar was a great supporter of middle class peeps. Too bad another has not stepped up to fill his shoes.

Yes, he did, and Fred S intensely disliked Oberstar...I'm sure the feeling was mutual. There still seems to be a misunderstanding here. Oberstar was involved in the 1996-97 effort to change the RLA. He was not involved in the Obama-led effort to modify the RLA several years ago. This was also killed by Smith and his cronies, and involved his threat to cancel a big Boeing order if the RLA was changed in any way that made it easier for FedEx employees to organize. Actual contractual language.

yadig

Yes, he did, and Fred S intensely disliked Oberstar...I'm sure the feeling was mutual. There still seems to be a misunderstanding here. Oberstar was involved in the 1996-97 effort to change the RLA. He was not involved in the Obama-led effort to modify the RLA several years ago. This was also killed by Smith and his cronies, and involved his threat to cancel a big Boeing order if the RLA was changed in any way that made it easier for FedEx employees to organize. Actual contractual language.
Wrong again Mr. Fedex... Obama has made many references to how Smith is a great mind and even put him on a board to fix our highways.. Don't u remember the FAA Reauthorization bill of 08-09? The Dems had the majority and Pres O could have supported the bill. Oberstar was the one who introduced the legislation and did not win the next election because of it. Fred poured in money and had him defeated. Just giving you the facts or is your mind already made up?

fedex_rtd

Either way the Democrats let us down on this issue. I suspect a lot of political capital was spent on the Affordable Care Act, and our little part of the FAA bill was allowed to die on the vine.

Remember the Republicans "the party of no" blocked a lot of funding bill that cycle and the FAA bill was cut up into many small parts just to avoid our issue, but to fund the FAA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong again Mr. Fedex... Obama has made many references to how Smith is a great mind and even put him on a board to fix our highways.. Don't u remember the FAA Reauthorization bill of 08-09? The Dems had the majority and Pres O could have supported the bill. Oberstar was the one who introduced the legislation and did not win the next election because of it. Fred poured in money and had him defeated. Just giving you the facts or is your mind already made up?

Can you read?