CJinx

Fedex did it to protect their business model
Teamsters cited a drop in membership as their reason for pushing it

Did anyone do this for the workers?

MAKAVELI

Why don't we ask the UPSers how having union representation is working for them? Let's see, a career job, potential of making 100k plus retirement and no cost health ins v a dead end job making a max of 40 to 50k with no benefits. Hmmm I think it's a no brainer.

STFXG

You'd think its a no brainer. Getting a lot of new interest in these highly classified super secret union meetings?

purplesky

The Teamsters are workers :wink2:. Workers are why the Teamsters exist. FDX workers are getting screwed in the butt AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE(stupidity?) TO ASK WHY THE TEAMSTERS ARE ATTEMPTING TO HELP?

Unions are all about workers rights and getting a living wage.

vantexan

FDX has to be very nervous about these battles. THE WAR IS FAR FROM OVER. Fred S IS JUST LIKE HITLER FIGHTING WARS ON TOO MANY FRONTS.:wink2:

Buying exemptions isnt going to work in every battle. Its just a matter of time.

It will continue to work until the voting public threatens to unseat Congressmen or state legislators who support such things. The problem with that is much of the public feels that by supporting workers they'll see their own costs go up and/or they don't make as much so why help some make considerably more than they do?

purplesky

It will continue to work until the voting public threatens to unseat Congressmen or state legislators who support such things. The problem with that is much of the public feels that by supporting workers they'll see their own costs go up and/or they don't make as much so why help some make considerably more than they do?

There does seem to be a new movement now in this country about the ridiculous low wages the avg. American is making so I think the voting public are finally catching on.

bbsam

Staff member
The Teamsters are workers :wink2:. Workers are why the Teamsters exist. FDX workers are getting screwed in the butt AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE(stupidity?) TO ASK WHY THE TEAMSTERS ARE ATTEMPTING TO HELP?

If the Teamsters were trying to help, they would be organizing Express. The union IS a business.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

If the Teamsters were trying to help, they would be organizing Express. The union IS a business.
I suppose you expect them to be some non-profit organization?

ILuvPandas

I hope this isn't too off topic I'm full-time with Express(soon to be part-time)I've had enough of the forced overtime games etc...
Anyhow what will happen when Obamacare goes into effect?
Will Ground be affected by the fact that full-time employees will have to be covered by employers with healthcare or do they get around that somehow