Anthony Case

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When Casey Anthony is released on Sunday she will be bound by the rules of her probation for one year, for a cheque-fraud charge she pleaded guilty to in 2010.
Court documents reveal that the she must:

• Meet with a probation officer on the fifth day of every month
  • Pay $20 per month toward the cost of supervision, plus a four per cent surcharge
  • Not change her residence or employment or leave the county without first getting consent from her probation officer
  • Not 'use intoxicants to excess'. She cannot visit places where intoxicants, drugs or other dangerous substances are unlawfully sold, dispensed or used
  • 'Work diligently at a lawful occupation and support any dependants to the best of your ability'
  • Answer her probation officer's questions promptly
  • Not possess marijuana or other controlled substances
  • Not knowingly associate with others engaged in criminal acts

moreluck

golden ticket member
OJ,s & victim's blood in his Bronco.......that's enough for me.

The glove was never an issue for me.......i've seen gloves left to dry that had shoveled snow and spread salt......stiff, shrunken, etc. Have to throw them out.

bbsam

Staff member
OJ,s & victim's blood in his Bronco.......that's enough for me.

The glove was never an issue for me.......i've seen gloves left to dry that had shoveled snow and spread salt......stiff, shrunken, etc. Have to throw them out.
But the glove was an issue for the prosecution, or so they thought.

moreluck

golden ticket member
LoweC20110708_low.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anyone not understanding or not liking the previously posted cartoon can file their complaints at 1-800-eat-****

bbsam

Staff member
Major Garrett, formerly of Fox News, was on NPR the other day and discussed his dismay at commentary after the verdict. He said that all those asking, "Where's the justice?" missed the point completely. That is justice in America. That is the system. Arrest, investigation, arraignment, trial and subequent conviction or acquital. Civics 101.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The real problem with american jurisprudence is simple. The prosecution has to only produce evidence it believes it can prove. The defense on the other hand, can introduce NON RELEVANT issues into the case in order to confuse the jury.

In this case, JOSE BAEZ should NOT have been allowed to taint the jurys minds with suggestions of incest between the father and casey or incest between she and her brother, he also should not have been allowed to place in front of the jury that both the father and brothers DNA were tested for potential paternity.

These are non relevant, non facts, and only went to further poison the case.

In his opening statement, Baez throws out the kitchen sink. Listen from minute 15 through minute 30. Listen to this stupid argument, look at how many ridiculous things that is suggested.

Then ask yourself, "HOW MANY OF THESE THINGS DID THE DEFENSE PROVE?"

The answer is simple, NONE.

In this statement, BAEZ admits Caylee dies while in the custody of CASEY Anthony on June 16th. Yet, this jury doesnt believe that caylee died in her care?

BAEZ used nonsense to confuse this jury, was it wrong? NO, its the system, and its this system that needs to be changed.

The defense should NOT be able to present NON FACTS into a case and then fail to produce or validate those claims.

The system doesnt work. Its broken. Stupid people will always get onto jury's. This is why each side has experts to sort out jurors. These experts find the ones that are most likely to believe their nonsense.

This jury was flat out stupid.

Peace.

The real problem with american jurisprudence is simple. The prosecution has to only produce evidence it believes it can prove. The defense on the other hand, can introduce NON RELEVANT issues into the case in order to confuse the jury.

In this case, JOSE BAEZ should NOT have been allowed to taint the jurys minds with suggestions of incest between the father and casey or incest between she and her brother, he also should not have been allowed to place in front of the jury that both the father and brothers DNA were tested for potential paternity.

In his opening statement, Baez throws out the kitchen sink. Listen from minute 15 through minute 30. Listen to this stupid argument, look at how many ridiculous things that is suggested.

In this statement, BAEZ admits Caylee dies while in the custody of CASEY Anthony on June 16th. Yet, this jury doesnt believe that caylee died in her care?

BAEZ used nonsense to confuse this jury, was it wrong? NO, its the system, and its this system that needs to be changed.

The defense should NOT be able to present NON FACTS into a case and then fail to produce or validate those claims.

The system doesnt work. Its broken. Stupid people will always get onto jury's. This is why each side has experts to sort out jurors. These experts find the ones that are most likely to believe their nonsense.

Peace.
I agree, neither side should be allowed to bring up anything that is not going to presented as evidence in the opening or closing arguments. As it is, the jury will be instructed that these statements are not evidential facts, but it's really hard to un-ring a bell.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree, neither side should be allowed to bring up anything that is not going to presented as evidence in the opening or closing arguments. As it is, the jury will be instructed that these statements are not evidential facts, but it's really hard to un-ring a bell.

Unfortunately a lawyer who decides to play by the rules may have a short career.

bbsam

Staff member

Peace.
Ugly as it is, the defense doesn't have to prove anything. All it has to do is present a possible alternative to what the prosecution is bringing and in a way that is how it should be. Consider this: Let's say that OJ really didn't kill two people. Then the only way for OJ to say it was someone else is to do the law enforcement/prosecutors job for them. In essence it leaves the prosecution the opening to say, "OJ doesn't claim that someone else did it, so therefore he must be guilty." Now when both prosecution and defense make a habit out of ignoring protocol the judge needs to put an end to it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i AM GLAD i WAS NOT ON THE JURY, BUT FOUND MYSELF WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH OF IT. (sorry caps)
What I see is a baby is dead, who could have gladly and happily lived out her life with the grandparents, and an occasional Mom.
I read somewhere her parents were in foreclosure, and after all that, Casey wont speak to them. They gave up everything to protect their daughter, the rewards of parenting, shheesh.