Anthrax

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Country gets infected by dead/not dead Anthrax distributed via UPS. Everybody becomes zombies (at least those who weren't already). Synchronizing World Zombification.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
....or me.....this is much ado about nothing....
I. Once again hope you are right. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-anthrax-as-precaution-over-military-mistake/
Think about your job. You deliver an air late, you break a mirror, you argue with a customer, cause property damage, hit a dog, misdeliver a package, take a pee break without recording it as a break....backup too many times, idle too long, have trouble with your seat belt, a few times. bulk door slides open remote stuck on belt. Forget to unload an air, forget to unload a send again. I realize nothing like this ever happens to you, but what happens when people make mistakes? Most are held accountable.
These people are suppose to be highly trained. Who will be blamed for the mistake. The answer is No one.
We are highly trained to do a simplistic job. We make mistakes. We are held accountable, and should be. Why are they not held to the same standard as a cashier, a meat cutter, a delivery person, a doctor, a lawyer. There are at least these 22 people asking these questions.

No, a nuke cant fit in a pkg car, but ricin, or small pox, or anthrax can fit in a small tube, an envelope, enough to cause mayhem. Dont you think we should have a hold on this before mayhem happens at home?

oldngray

nowhere special
I. Once again hope you are right. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-anthrax-as-precaution-over-military-mistake/
Think about your job. You deliver an air late, you break a mirror, you argue with a customer, cause property damage, hit a dog, misdeliver a package, take a pee break without recording it as a break....backup too many times, idle too long, have trouble with your seat belt, a few times. bulk door slides open remote stuck on belt. Forget to unload an air, forget to unload a send again. I realize nothing like this ever happens to you, but what happens when people make mistakes? Most are held accountable.
These people are suppose to be highly trained. Who will be blamed for the mistake. The answer is No one.
We are highly trained to do a simplistic job. We make mistakes. We are held accountable, and should be. Why are they not held to the same standard as a cashier, a meat cutter, a delivery person, a doctor, a lawyer. There are at least these 22 people asking these questions.

No, a nuke cant fit in a pkg car, but ricin, or small pox, or anthrax can fit in a small tube, an envelope, enough to cause mayhem. Dont you think we should have a hold on this before mayhem happens at home?

When the US had the big anthrax scare several years ago didn't one of the UPS centers test positive for anthrax? In Cleveland maybe?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When the US had the big anthrax scare several years ago didn't one of the UPS centers test positive for anthrax? In Cleveland maybe?
I believe it was a Cleveland PO. All I need to know is what was the guys name, who sent live instead of dead virus? His/Her ethnicity, his/her baackground, just the basics. I heard on the radio today...CDC doesnt know, DOD doesnt know, and you are SOL. Sounds about right.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If a terrorist has the desire to do it they're going to find a way. We can't feasibly check every single package. And even if we do everybody gets complacent.