Anticipating The Hazard

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It wasn't always so ridiculous. This got rolling when the company began it's "Safety" campaign back in the 90's. Suddenly, everything was the employee's fault....even when it wasn't. And it just wasn't accidents, but also injuries.

One of my favorite FedEx moments was standing in the hallway as I listened to my SM on a conference call because he had left his door open and the phone on speaker. All of them were trying to figure out how they could blame an on-the-job injury on an employee's outside sports acitivities, even though there were witnesses who saw this person get injured.

FedEx is like a Hydra, with many evil heads squirming together in an effort to pin the blame on the employee and not pay out money. Sedgwick, Anthem, Aetna, CIGNA, and the rest of them are all part of the plan.

I'm sorry. I now have to prove this statement to Mr. 7.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had an incident one time where I stepped off the elevator in a high-rise apt building and they had just mopped. No warning signs anywhere. I slipped on it like ice and injured my knee. FedEx finding--preventable. I should have been aware of my surroundings. Seriously!? How? Stick my foot out of the elevator and test the floor every time? Few weeks later, manager goes on check ride with me and I watched him get off elevator in same building and never look at the floor. Luckily for him they hadn't just mopped the floor. It's a no-win situation for us because they will always have the upper hand.

Mr. 7 would like you to prove that this happened, as I must now prove everything I say to his satisfaction. Your incident is a perfect example of the way it works. Since there were no warning signs, you should have told your manager you were going to sue the customer for your injuries and watched their reaction.

Here's another one...diesel fuel. It is invisible on wet pavement, but as slick as wet ice and undetectable unless you can smell it. You could be walking along on a street and be on your ass in an instant.

They absolutely do have the upper hand, and the only way to fight them is to turn the tables and put them on the defensive.

In the FedEx world, you must know-all, see-all, and be psychic in order to prevent an injury being charged to you.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Contrary to your posts,
I do believe any posts you make where you specifically call out an actual event to another worker.
What I specifically don't believe is anything you say that you just pulled out of your ass with no proof.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Contrary to your posts,
I do believe any posts you make where you specifically call out an actual event to another worker.
What I specifically don't believe is anything you say that you just pulled out of your ass with no proof.

Express dispatchers and managers are being hired away to Ground. I don't know how you would like me to prove it, but it is absolutely true. the implication is that Ground is going to be dispatched in order to pickup XS, and eventually E2.

morgan

i've been run into 3 times while on road over the years. not once have they said it was my fault. i can't stand this job at all anymore bordering on hating this company but at least i don't have to deal with all that.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
i've been run into 3 times while on road over the years. not once have they said it was my fault..
oh I've never been told an accident where someone ran into me was my fault, just that I was careless and inept and quite obviously not a team player for allowing it to happen.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I just heard a new (to me) "FedEx policy" this week.
Apparently, as for dog bites, if you open a closed gate to enter a yard, and get bitten by a dog, "you voluntarily trespassed".
This is an FDX rule not, law.

So, don't enter any yard that has a closed gate. Leave the pkg. at the gate if you're unsure. Or, door tag it "security".