Anxiety......

ideliver2u67

20 Down
Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?

Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?
This place with get you down sometimes. You just can't let them beat you all the time. Trust me,I felt like walking many times. Just go donyour job and try not to pay attention to them

Savvy412

Damn man, iv delt with anxiety before so I know . You can over come it. You just need to really think what's stressing you out . You sure is nothing outside of work .

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In our local, A driver can bid off package car and go into preload, feeders, hub, etc.
Not sure if that's an option where you are, but I'd highly recommend it.

Outside of that, I'd go to your union hall and talk with the BA.
You don't want to do or say anything to management until you know all your options.

ideliver2u67

20 Down
Like everyone I have outside stress. But, I just can't single one thing out. Its hard to go to the grocery store, fearing I will see someone I know. TOTALLY UNLIKE ME, I talk to everyone. But I know if I leave to go to the store my safe spot (home) is close. The idea of leaving for work and being gone for 10-11 hours scares the crap out of me. I don't get it

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Like everyone I have outside stress. But, I just can't single one thing out. Its hard to go to the grocery store, fearing I will see someone I know. TOTALLY UNLIKE ME, I talk to everyone. But I know if I leave to go to the store my safe spot (home) is close. The idea of leaving for work and being gone for 10-11 hours scares the crap out of me. I don't get it

ummmm......if going to the store stresses you out, UPS Driver is 1000x worse.
I'm glad you and the doctor decided that you need to take a break from UPS driving.
You are putting a lot out here on an internet forum so I hope fellow posters will be kind to you.
You need to talk to your BA, don't throw away a 22 year career by saying the wrong things to your boss.
You need all the help that YOUR Teamster union hall can provide for you

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I don't think anything is worth your health. I understand where you are coming from this job is a different kind of stress and anixety nobody but us drivers know. You need to work with your doctor and see what works for you. It maybe best to see if you can work inside the hub. Try not to jepordize your job but please don't let this place take your health. Its not worth it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Sit with your doctor and hammer out a plan. My father had the same exact symptoms as you. Fortunately he works for an outfit that genuinely cares about their people - completely unlike this company we're at. He wasn't able to go to work for almost 2 months. It took time, but he and his doctor were able to figure out what dose of what medication would get him back to normal. He still gets attacks every now and then but they're not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Screw your management team. They don't care about you. Get with your doctor and get yourself right. Do not let this ruin your quality of life. You owe it to yourself and your family.

Good luck.

I don't think anything is worth your health. I understand where you are coming from this job is a different kind of stress and anixety nobody but us drivers know. You need to work with your doctor and see what works for you. It maybe best to see if you can work inside the hub. Try not to jepordize your job but please don't let this place take your health. Its not worth it.
Also got to think of your family. Thats the only reason I never walked out

upschuck

I know someone who had anxiety attacks pretty severe when ground driving, he is now an air driver, and hasn't had any problems, that I know of.

Good luck to you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know someone who had anxiety attacks pretty severe when ground driving, he is now an air driver, and hasn't had any problems, that I know of.

Good luck to you.
How do you have them as a ground driver but not when everything you're delivering is time commit.