Anxiety......

undies

Have you tried seeing a therapist/counselor? Taking drugs is not the way out. I had panic attacks from constant layoffs and the uncertainty of work. Seeing a therapist really helped me out! Talking out your problems and insecurities can work wonders, you just have to be honest with yourself and swallow your manly pride!

El Correcto

god is dead
I suffered from mental breaks and anxiety most of my short life. I found staying hydrated and taking supplements helped the most. Sometimes you just need time and klonopins though... Also, if the idea of going to the store freaks you out, don't go. Order a pizza, avoid undue stress during your time off.

ManInBrown

Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?
That sucks. I hope you get it all figured out.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife has had a few anxiety attacks. Luckily its only about once every two years or so. Scares the crap out of me when she has one. Good luck figuring yours out.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If your not sure what is causing it I think a shrink might be the way to go. I've been to one for different reasons and sometimes talking things out can really help and make you feel better. Good luck

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
First and most important thing is to take care of your health first and foremost. And if you have a family you really to hammer out these health issues. Family always comes first and your family needs you to be healthy. Do what you have to do to get well and we all wish you the best of luck with your road to recovery and health.

Method$

When you come back, don't do it for your Managment team! Do it for you! Take pride in yourself, your experience as a driver, and your ability to be safe. If you've been a driver for 17 years your a better driver than most poeple on the road! Service is 2nd to safety.

margaritaville

Ive been developing panic/anxiety too. It is increased coming down from alcohol. But i only drink on weekends never weeknights when i have to drive the next day. So drink saturday, panic attacks sunday. Its just getting more and more brutal. Ive never had these anxiety attacks until about a year ago. They are getting so bad i think even if i don't drink they will keep coming. Just saying you aren't the only one.

NXA

Ive been developing panic/anxiety too. It is increased coming down from alcohol. But i only drink on weekends never weeknights when i have to drive the next day. So drink saturday, panic attacks sunday. Its just getting more and more brutal. Ive never had these anxiety attacks until about a year ago. They are getting so bad i think even if i don't drink they will keep coming. Just saying you aren't the only one.
I this case, the obvious answer is to stop drinking whatever it is. It might mean leaving off all alcohol, or it might mean a specific spirit, eg I don't touch vodka, makes me crazy.

OP, in my opinion you should check your diet. Leave off all the corn syrup, as much sugar as you can avoid, and also cheap white breads like fastfood buns. If you can ask your doctor for diet recommendations I think you will be surprised how much you can help your sitch just w food. Hard to change, though, I miss my pizza!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?
Got to mellow out!
200.gif

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I feel ya bro...maybe not to ur extent but mine mostly falls on Sunday's. Work related Anxiety is a real condition. My fiancé gives me :censored2: all the time cause once Sunday rolls around I'm a miserable s.o.b. Once I get through Monday I'm usually good for the week. But yes, if u drink it might help for the mean time but will come back even worse the next day. I too stopped drinking during the week n it seems to help a TON. My brother actually lost his job bc anxiety issues. Just gotta find some meds that work for u. #1 thing tho call the union, hate to lose your job over it. It's 2016 there's no reason u should feel that way, there's meds for pretty much everything. Maybe going back in the hub is the way to go.

ups1990

Ive maintained that the number one obstacle to overcome for drivers is the mental part of the job.

When I first began driving in the 90's, I too had much anxiety coupled with nervousness. I was a mess on Sunday's , just like many of you here. I quit drinking a long time ago because I was drinking the anxiety away and we all know this is a bad idea.

I would arrive to work early on Mondays to see what the boss had me running. If I was going out cold, he would let me leave early, this helped with getting familiarize with the route.

Although, I don't experience any major anxiety today, I still maintain my breating excercises, taking deep prolonged breaths and holding them as to decrease my heart rate.

Your case seems to require proffessional medical help, please get it. I know drivers who have been reassigned to a different job due to medical issues.