Anxiety......

tacken

I wish you the best in finding away to control it. For me I just go deliver pickup go home. Work safe FAIR DAYS PAY FOR A FAIR DAYS WORK.

Faceplanted

Eat healthy, try to exercise

Go to gnc or some place similar and get 5htp. It's a supplement that is a pre cursor to seratonin which is a chemical in your brain that results in good mood and relaxation.

Meds will only work for a bit, your body will than get used to them and you will have to up the dose. I personally would stay away from dr prescribed meds and stick to natural products. If your going to do drugs, dr prescribed or other wise (all the same at the end of the day) I hear there are some illegal banned substances that will do wonders for you, mescaline, dmt, lsd, ect. Study's prove this, and so do testimonials from people who have been forced to self diagnose and face their deepest fears and subconscious problems while under the influence.

Best of luck to u

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
If you're looking for breathing exercises to help with anxiety, Google "zazen meditation ". It's very effective way to control stress and damage on your body and mind.

wayfair

swollen member
from another forum.
guy works in the ER

"Meds. POSSIBLY and hopefully short-term. Benzos like Xanax (the worst drug in the world) only minimally and rarely work. Lots of other longer-term, more appropriate meds. Xanax sucks ass.
Counseling.
Psychotherapy.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Coping mechanisms.
Faith.
Family.
Friends.
Not avoiding problems, working on actual solutions, not temporary numbing agents like booze and drugs (like friend*ing Xanax)."

finaddict

Highly suggest you see a psychiatrist. A general physician can do more harm than good and you will probably need a cocktail of meds to get it under control. It's trial and error for a few months until they get the combination correct. You can self admit immediately at most hospitals but a word of warning, it's prison-like but you don't wait months for the psychiatrist.

Gear

Parts on Order
1. Meds to get you through the rough patch. Prozac is easier to kick then benzos.
2. Counseling. Listen to them, even though the things they say sound ridiculous. It will help you. Breathing techniques and coping skills work.
3. Family
4. Time Its going to take time to get past it, but you can.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The meditation idea was excellent, but one thing you can try is yoga. It can help you in two ways. Helps clear the mind, and it helps stretch out your muscles and increase flexibility.

DOK

Like everyone I have outside stress. But, I just can't single one thing out. Its hard to go to the grocery store, fearing I will see someone I know. TOTALLY UNLIKE ME, I talk to everyone. But I know if I leave to go to the store my safe spot (home) is close. The idea of leaving for work and being gone for 10-11 hours scares the crap out of me. I don't get it

Agoraphobia. Hang in there, it will pass with the correct combo of meds and therapy, do not leave ups, take as much time off as needed.

underworked1

Our job doesn't have to be stressful. Just cover your ass. If you have too many air and you know you are going to blow air, run straight NDA so you can at least say you did everything yiu could to make commit. Break for business and savers regardless of how out of the way it is. You can run 3 hours over everyday and there is nothing they can do. So much less stress when you just stop caring about any of their numbers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The meditation idea was excellent, but one thing you can try is yoga. It can help you in two ways. Helps clear the mind, and it helps stretch out your muscles and increase flexibility.
There's many different types of styles of yoga. I'd recommend researching the one that might work and find a very good teacher. That makes all the difference

Indecisi0n

I wish you the best in finding away to control it. For me I just go deliver pickup go home. Work safe FAIR DAYS PAY FOR A FAIR DAYS WORK.
For most that works but not when wok ring 11-12 HR days being harassed everyday. Then just simply going to work for someone a nightmare. It's not a healthy environment and only bad things will come of it.

DOK

For most that works but not when wok ring 11-12 HR days being harassed everyday. Then just simply going to work for someone a nightmare. It's not a healthy environment and only bad things will come of it.

It is terrible how some are harassed, I've witnessed it personally, though never have felt harassed in almost 30 years there.

tacken

I agree management will harass you everyday. I have experienced this first hand. This is where you need to draw the line in the sand, and take a stand. And if they cross it you need to use all the tools at you have to stand up for your self.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?
Anxiety from trying to do a good job or trying to go fast or just traffic and worried about crashing?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just throwing this out for some honest opinions. I've been at UPS for 22 years, 17 as a driver. Last february I started getting anxiety attacks, and with the.help of some happy drugs, they were under control. However, the week before.thanksgiving they started again, this time with a vengence. I've been off, per Drs orders since then.. I've tried 3 different maintenancemeds amd 2 as needed. It seems to.have.gotten better, but the thought of going outside kicks the anxiety up again, and the thought of going back to the stress of the job makes me tremble with fear. I mean REALLY? I've done this long enoughwhere I've done and seen it all. I just don't know if its worth the stress to continue. I'm just frustrated and worried knowing I'm letting my management team down ( even though they may not care about me). Not one call from the.day i went out until last monday, So I guess my question is? Is it worth the cost of my health to stick in there, or just wait it out and hope the Doctors can figure it out, and hope it passes?
Stay where you are, you are past the 15 year mark.