Any BC members ever get reprimanded for threads/posts?

helenofcalifornia

I did my DIAD training on the new levels of pickup service available one week before anyone even said anything about it. You do hear about new things about to be thrust upon you as a UPSer weeks, even months before they hit you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, I have first hand experience in this matter. I had just become the safety co-chair in our building and took the job seriously. I wanted to change things and fix things but was not allowed to. I posted several comments on here about the "safety" position, as well as funny pictures I started in a thread called,Where, Oh Where, Is my Diad? All the while I posted as my un-anonymous self, because I am who I am, LOL.

It turns out that a center meanager that works north of my center, started emailing these various threads to my meanager. My meanager called me at home to tell me I was fired for all the pictures I posted. My termination was downgraded to a 5 day suspension with the promise that I would no longer post pictures of company "equipment".

All this being said, I've decided to start a whole new thread. This will be a picture thread called, I Saw A Supervisor Talking On Their Cellphone While Driving A PKG Car.:surprised: Just kidding, but for most people it is better to remain anonymous. I don't really see why they got upset about us having fun with pictures, but who am I in this great big Brown machine?

Oh, BTW, they've also tried to stop me from posting my personal opinion in my own blog, go figure.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Those who oppose the big brown machine are not typically looked upon in a favorable light. I have figured out who a few of the frequent posters are by putting together "clues" from various posts. It may be legal to state your opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make it popular with certain people at big brown. Be careful if you don't want your identity known. When you get pulled over, the cops can't necessarily do anything to you for being rude, disrespectful, obnoxious, or for having an opposing opinion, but they sure can make it hard on you if they choose to. The same theory applies at big brown.

Now that I am retired, my ID on here matters even less than it did while I was still working. I didn't worry about them finding out who I was, but I didn't broadcast the info either. One of my Sups reads/read on here and we would talk about various topics but he was one of the good guys. I did take the time to explain to him that when I said "management" I wasn't necessarily talking about him, which was a true statement. I haven't ever posted much on here that I would not say directly to our District Manager.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Now that I am retired, my ID on here matters even less than it did while I was still working. I didn't worry about them finding out who I was, but I didn't broadcast the info either. One of my Sups reads/read on here and we would talk about various topics but he was one of the good guys. I did take the time to explain to him that when I said "management" I wasn't necessarily talking about him, which was a true statement. I haven't ever posted much on here that I would not say directly to our District Manager.
I believe that is key. If its true, speak, if its a lie, dont. Truth stands tall. I dont care who reads it, I dont lie.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That's why I don't use the name they call me at work. "Great One".
Thats why I dont use what they call me.. The mods would have a bird.
On a side note since this thread began another guy came up to me and said "hey do you ever look at BC, There was someone on there that sounds just like you" I told him who I was on here. I didnt know we had sound on here either. Point being, I never thought he was anyone who would come here. I think we have lots of closet bcers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Those who oppose the big brown machine are not typically looked upon in a favorable light. I have figured out who a few of the frequent posters are by putting together "clues" from various posts. It may be legal to state your opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make it popular with certain people at big brown. Be careful if you don't want your identity known. When you get pulled over, the cops can't necessarily do anything to you for being rude, disrespectful, obnoxious, or for having an opposing opinion, but they sure can make it hard on you if they choose to. The same theory applies at big brown.

If your work record is good and you do your job the right way....nothing that you post on your own time and on your own computer should make a damn bit of difference as long as you are not violating another employees privacy by posting their name or picture on the Internet.

P

pickup

Thats why I dont use what they call me.. The mods would have a bird.
On a side note since this thread began another guy came up to me and said "hey do you ever look at BC, There was someone on there that sounds just like you" I told him who I was on here. I didnt know we had sound on here either. Point being, I never thought he was anyone who would come here. I think we have lots of closet bcers.

There are guys that I bump into on a regular basis that I got to know well enough to suspect that they are taking on certain posts as their own or they are the authors of such posts. I don't ask outright if they are the posters. It's a superhero thing, you don't try to figure out my secret identity and I don't try to figure out yours.

over9five

Staff member
If your work record is good and you do your job the right way....nothing that you post on your own time and on your own computer should make a damn bit of difference as long as you are not violating another employees privacy by posting their name or picture on the Internet.

Yeah! Stug was a crappy employee. That's why he got into trouble.

??????????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are guys that I bump into on a regular basis that I got to know well enough to suspect that they are taking on certain posts as their own or they are the authors of such posts. I don't ask outright if they are the posters. It's a superhero thing, you don't try to figure out my secret identity and I don't try to figure out yours.[/QUOTE

Superhero thing, yes I think you are right.

rushfan

Yes! There was a loss prevention guy who used his techniques to track me down. I was called into his office. I had to fight for my job.

Yes! There was a loss prevention guy who used his techniques to track me down. I was called into his office. I had to fight for my job.
What techniques? Someone from outside this boards does not have access to the IP addresses. Other than that I would really like to know what he did to track you down.