Any Bikers out there?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Took a 2 hour ride this morning while it was nice. Enjoyed it.
Ride my bike to work somedays (50 miles one way) but Atlanta traffic is just too rough when it's this hot.
My favorite bike is a 2000 Kawa Nomad 1500 FI.
Have a '99 Goldwing for longer rides and trips to the mountains and a 1983 750 Honda Shadow for short trips to the grocery store, play tennis,. etc - good for about 30 minutes max.

PhatAzz

Well, two weeks ago Saturday, we went up through Cleveland TN to Tellico and across the Cherohala Skyway to Deals Gap and out the north end to Maryville and back. Around 320 miles. Last Saturday we were down your way, Dalton, Chatsworth, Elijay, Dahlonega and then up to Blue Ridge and back through the Ocoee River Gorge. Around 250 miles. Today we stayed in Tn and went to Dayton, Dunlap, Pikeville, Fall Creek Falls, over to Monteagle Mtn and then back on Hwy 41. Around 240 miles and just got home before the rain started. We try to stay up in the mountains in the summer time for the 10 degree difference. But when we get back in the valleys you can sure tell it. It's HOT.

Mike Hawk

I sometimes ride to work, 10 mile ride, if I haul ass I can make it there in 35 minutes. Takes an hour going back, damn traffic.

PS real men pedal!:happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender
I was almost a biker,had a 180 yamaha way back when .
I never did get my bike licence...I borrowed a friends dirt bike a few years later and slid on gravel and ended up under a car.
I do deal with some hells angels dudes at a tattoo shop
where I deliver.cash only,if they're short under a $ I say close enough.
I want to stay on thier good side.

nice are up tghere around fontana and the nantahala outdoor ctr, we go up there every year for vacation.... the weather beats the weather here in Cen FL, i think it has rained everyday here for at least a week... we need it though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am between bikes at the moment although I have a sick feeling I will be buying one soon.

I still miss the bike I had to sell in order to make the down payment on my first house...it was a 1979 Honda CBX, very rare, collectors item. It had a 24 valve inline 6 cylinder. Went like a raped ape when you gave it some throttle.

filthpig

I was almost a biker,had a 180 yamaha way back when .
I never did get my bike licence...I borrowed a friends dirt bike a few years later and slid on gravel and ended up under a car.
I do deal with some hells angels dudes at a tattoo shop
where I deliver.cash only,if they're short under a $ I say close enough.
I want to stay on thier good side.
You take cash for COD's? I didn't think we did that anymore.

raceanoncr

Pedal bike? Yeah, got cheap Huffy w/ten-sp for when I feel ambitious. Hmmmm....5 yrs ago and still in the box!

Motor bike? Got '91 Harley Softail Custom.

wadep

I have an 08 Ultra I'm just getting broken in, and an 03, 100th anniversary Sportster. I ride them (one at a time) back and forth to work, 45 miles each way. Just took a 500 mile trip on the Ultra and man what a machine!!!

CBUK

Pedal biker only. Motorbikes scare the hell out of me. So many bikers over here get killed by car drivers you cant even rely on your own skill to stay alive.

Got a Merlin Malt 1 trail bike. Its a summer thing but with rising fuel prices I am giving serious thought to getting rid of my car for good.