Any brooklyn drivers here?

MendozaJ

Do the landlords get money from the government to cover the rest of the rent or just the $250 from the tenant?

The difference is subsidized by us. Private landlords get even higher subsidies as an incentive to house low income families and even the homeless. At least that's been NYC's solution to affordable housing.

The biggest hypocrite is Mayor de Blasio. He rents his Park Slope home for $4000/mt while living in Gracie Mansion. No rent control for him.

In '01, I saw this sharply dressed guy in the subway (E79th & Lex) shaking hands at the people going by. The vast majority ignored him in their rush. I couldn't place the name with the face, but I knew him from somewhere and he appeared tiny in stature (I'm not a big guy at all), it was the two bodyguards that made him stand out. I made my way over and shook his hand. He introduced himself as Michael Bloomberg. Sorry, that just popped in my head. It's not often you get to shake hands with a billionaire.

Little known fact: Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg took only $1 salary per year and lived in his own townhouse.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's a disgrace. And she sits home all day watching Jerry Springer while you kill yourself to pay her rent. Absolute disgrace. Vote Republican.
In her case I'm okay with paying her rent. She lost a leg due to a doctor's malpractice and is trying to get it together. Also, her daughter is mildly retarded and can only do low paying jobs. It's the able bodied, lazy ones who give me heartburn at the thought of paying their rents.

Last edited: