Any CCW people out there?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Dirty Harry !!!

Dirty Harry carried a S&W M29 .44 Magnum with a 6" barrel.

Its a great movie prop, but for actual self defense use/carry it is way too big, way too heavy, way too much recoil, way too much risk of overpenetration, and if you fired that thing off indoors it would literally rupture your eardrums. I would love to add one to my collection, but its the last gun I would choose if I heard someone breaking into my house at 3:00AM.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I know what.inspector Callahan carried I was just making refererance (joke to concealed weapon) in which I have no problem with. I have actually shot a .44mag with a 9" barrell . A good friend of mine had a gun shop and all was bring "toys" up to deer camp to shoot.One time we had a Thompson sub -machine gun to play with . (yes it is illegal to have) and expensive to rip off a couple of clips.My favorite though as i sadi before was a the custimized .243 mauser bolt action rifle I had . I hand loaded 80 grain seirra hollow points .The gun was right on. I shot a prairie dog at 310 yards through the eye. I wasn't aiming for the eye just the varmit. I shot a 250 lb Montana mule deer @ 200+, dropped it right on the spot when we skinned it out we could not find the bullet it would hit and explode.That gun was deadly.