Any Classic Car/Truck builders out there ?

1Low59

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 132

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I would hope so. You did get it from a car lot.
Please don't mind Upstate. He doesn't understand the joy of restoring a vehicle is in the process, not the result. I admire anyone that has a passion in a hobby and that you are including your son is a big plus. My hobby is creating amazing barbecue for my family. I find the act of creation more satisfying than the result. Sure you could get out your check book and pay for the fruits of someone else's labor just as you could get good barbecue to go but where is the joy in that. Enjoy your project my friend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please don't mind Upstate. He doesn't understand the joy of restoring a vehicle is in the process, not the result. I admire anyone that has a passion in a hobby and that you are including your son is a big plus. My hobby is creating amazing barbecue for my family. I find the act of creation more satisfying than the result. Sure you could get out your check book and pay for the fruits of someone else's labor just as you could get good barbecue to go but where is the joy in that. Enjoy your project my friend.

...and here I thought that you were only passionate about beer......we have never seen a picture of you with a wrench in your hand....seen far too many of you with a beer instead...

I am not a car guy. I do not understand people who pay to go to a car show and walk around looking at other people's cars. I do not understand people who go to Autozone and get what they need for an oil change or tune up. I do not understand people who get a stiffy driving through a junk yard looking for their next project.

I have been posting here to have a little fun on a quiet Saturday afternoon. I am all done. Later.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
...and here I thought that you were only passionate about beer......we have never seen a picture of you with a wrench in your hand....seen far too many of you with a beer instead...

I am not a car guy. I do not understand people who pay to go to a car show and walk around looking at other people's cars. I do not understand people who go to Autozone and get what they need for an oil change or tune up. I do not understand people who get a stiffy driving through a junk yard looking for their next project.

I have been posting here to have a little fun on a quiet Saturday afternoon. I am all done. Later.

Don't let the door hit ya'.........

Is Dan not playing nice in the sandbox?

1Low59

Smoking or Grilling ? I myself am just getting into smoking. As far as upstate goes, I think it's hilarious. There always has to be a payaso. "Clown". That is what makes this site interesting. Everybody has something to say about nothing. I have been into building cars since I was a teen. Having my son out there is truly a blessing. On occasion my wife and daughter are out there lending a helping hand. It's a family thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1Low, good luck with your project and please post some pictures when it is done. No pressure, but if it is not done by 7/1/18, I won't be able to see them, so get your butt in gear. :)

joeboodog

And there you have it in a nutshell. First of all, I am also passionate about exploring the many types and styles of craft beer but have no desire to learn the art of brewing. I don't criticize people like wine because it's something I am not particularly fond of. Secondly, I used to do a lot of my own car maintenance and repair but not anymore because of the complexities of cars. I do not criticize that have the ability but respect them. You say you don't understand car guys that show of their cars or talk to other car guys about their cars. It's quite simple, people like to share their passions with others that share the same interests. Some of the best conversations I have are about craft beer and barbecue with others that like craft beer and barbecue. You stated at one time you don't care what others think about you. Too bad. When you discuss things about which you enjoy such as your children and grandchildren or your voluminous knowledge of UPS policies you can be very engaging. However, when you are condescending and arrogant you come of as a jerk.

MAKAVELI

So in other words, you don't understand people.

joeboodog

Smoking or Grilling ? I myself am just getting into smoking. As far as upstate goes, I think it's hilarious. There always has to be a payaso. "Clown". That is what makes this site interesting. Everybody has something to say about nothing. I have been into building cars since I was a teen. Having my son out there is truly a blessing. On occasion my wife and daughter are out there lending a helping hand. It's a family thing.
Do both. This spring I got an Akron grill on recommendations from @cosmo1 and @RonBurgandy?????????? and I am completely amazed at its versatility. I made smoked pork chops on it last week that knocked the socks off my wife and son and several weeks ago I grilled a couple steaks for my wife and me that were the best steaks I have ever made.