Any coin collectors?

rod

Retired 22 years
Its amazing how an older coin like that can bounce around for all those years. I got a 1948 Jefferson nickel the other day in change. (another old coin not worth much of anything. I still have all my coin collection from my youth. I was really into it for probably 8 or ten years. I inherited my Dads collection also. One whole corner of a closet is stacked with all that stuff. I will probably end up going to my Grandson if he shows any interest in it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Its amazing how an older coin like that can bounce around for all those years. I got a 1948 Jefferson nickel the other day in change. (another old coin not worth much of anything. I still have all my coin collection from my youth. I was really into it for probably 8 or ten years. I inherited my Dads collection also. One whole corner of a closet is stacked with all that stuff. I will probably end up going to my Grandson if he shows any interest in it.

I participate on a site called www.wheresgeorge.com. Every once in a while I will get a dollar bill as change and it will have a "Where's George?" You'd amazed sometimes who quickly or slowly a dollar bill can travel. I've had some that will go about 300 miles over a year and I've had one that I got from a McDonald's that was in Alaska 2 days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I participate on a site called www.wheresgeorge.com. Every once in a while I will get a dollar bill as change and it will have a "Where's George?" You'd amazed sometimes who quickly or slowly a dollar bill can travel. I've had some that will go about 300 miles over a year and I've had one that I got from a McDonald's that was in Alaska 2 days.

So people log on and enter the serial number(s) of the bill(s) before putting them back in to circulation?

rod

Retired 22 years

I've played around with the "where's George" site. Its not as fun as BC though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I was younger I used to collect wheat pennies. Had a few hundred. As a teenager I wrapped them and cashed them in. Lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the late 50's (before I got into coin collecting) I found a 1909-S penny and thought is was neat because it was so old. I put it in a thing on my dresser and it set there for I don't know how long. About 3 years later I got into coin collecting and looked for that penny but it had disappeared. I always wondered if it was a 1909-S vdb. A friend of mine found a 1914-D Lincoln in very fine condition that was in an old kids rocking horse. When his mother bought it at a yard sale she notice it rattled when she loaded in her car and they were able to shake that penny out of it.