Any coin collectors?

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by yonnko, Jan 26, 2016.

1. yonnko

yonnko Member

I found a 1941 wheat Penny. Does anybody know anything about it?

2. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

There are 3 types, Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco. Information is available on the web. Google it.

3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

4. Common date coin. With a couple of cents. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

5. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

pretty much what IVE said .

6. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

It's mine. I dropped it earlier

7. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

The mint produced 887,018,000 wheat pennies in 1941.

Hope this helps.

8. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Those figures are without the Denver and San Francisco minted coins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. rod

rod retired and happy

Its amazing how an older coin like that can bounce around for all those years. I got a 1948 Jefferson nickel the other day in change. (another old coin not worth much of anything. I still have all my coin collection from my youth. I was really into it for probably 8 or ten years. I inherited my Dads collection also. One whole corner of a closet is stacked with all that stuff. I will probably end up going to my Grandson if he shows any interest in it.

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I participate on a site called www.wheresgeorge.com. Every once in a while I will get a dollar bill as change and it will have a "Where's George?" You'd amazed sometimes who quickly or slowly a dollar bill can travel. I've had some that will go about 300 miles over a year and I've had one that I got from a McDonald's that was in Alaska 2 days.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

So people log on and enter the serial number(s) of the bill(s) before putting them back in to circulation?

12. rod

rod retired and happy

I've played around with the "where's George" site. Its not as fun as BC though.

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Correct. As well as the location where you picked it up and the condition it is.

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

i have a 1943 penny.

15. I'm sure it's the copper one.

16. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Lol...with her, it's probably also an MS.

17. rod

rod retired and happy

I have a 1913 Liberty head nickel

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

When I was younger I used to collect wheat pennies. Had a few hundred. As a teenager I wrapped them and cashed them in. Lol

19. rod

rod retired and happy

I still save a wheat pennies if I notice them in my change.

20. rod

rod retired and happy

Back in the late 50's (before I got into coin collecting) I found a 1909-S penny and thought is was neat because it was so old. I put it in a thing on my dresser and it set there for I don't know how long. About 3 years later I got into coin collecting and looked for that penny but it had disappeared. I always wondered if it was a 1909-S vdb. A friend of mine found a 1914-D Lincoln in very fine condition that was in an old kids rocking horse. When his mother bought it at a yard sale she notice it rattled when she loaded in her car and they were able to shake that penny out of it.