Any coin collectors?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i have jars full of pennies all over the house. been saving them for years. was gonna give them to grand kids but now i'll go thru them before doing that.

found an article about the best 15 pennies to keep your eye out for. what the heck , i have the time. it would be great if i could send the kids thru college on a dime.......er penny.

rod

Retired 22 years
i have jars full of pennies all over the house. been saving them for years. was gonna give them to grand kids but now i'll go thru them before doing that.

found an article about the best 15 pennies to keep your eye out for. what the heck , i have the time. it would be great if i could send the kids thru college on a dime.......er penny.

I hope you have good eyes. Looking at hundreds or thousands of dates will drive you nuts. I used a lighted magnifying glass back when I was really into it. Back when I was 10 or twelve years old I used to go to the laundry mat and use any dollar bills I had to run through the change machine looking for old coins. I would also buy rolls of coins at the bank and keep turning them in for new ones--- looking for old coins. The biggest collector in town had a deal worked out with the police department where he bought all the coins that were used in the towns parking meters. I'm sure he made out like a bandit checking all those coins.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I hope you have good eyes. Looking at hundreds or thousands of dates will drive you nuts. I used a lighted magnifying glass back when I was really into it. Back when I was 10 or twelve years old I used to go to the laundry mat and use any dollar bills I had to run through the change machine looking for old coins. I would also buy rolls of coins at the bank and keep turning them in for new ones--- looking for old coins. The biggest collector in town had a deal worked out with the police department where he bought all the coins that were used in the towns parking meters. I'm sure he made out like a bandit checking all those coins.
I once got an entire roll of silver quarters.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
might get the kids to help. maybe one of them will catch the coin collecting bug. the only collecting i have done is kennedy half dollars some silver coins. not much.

clean hairy

Will have to check when I get home, believe it is a 1952 silver dollar, mint condition.
Dad gave it to me around 45 years ago for shoveling the driveway one time.
Been sitting in a drawer all these years.
Will provide the proper year when I get home.
Anyone who can look up what it might be worth when I have all the info from it?

Will have to check when I get home, believe it is a 1952 silver dollar, mint condition.
Dad gave it to me around 45 years ago for shoveling the driveway one time.
Been sitting in a drawer all these years.
Will provide the proper year when I get home.
Anyone who can look up what it might be worth when I have all the info from it?
No silver dollars were made in1952…

clean hairy

1924 liberty head silver dollar.
I do not see a mint mark on it, would say it is an 8 out of 10 on condition.
Any idea what it might be worth?

rod

Retired 22 years
I have two 1934 $500 bills... apparently only worth $500 Boo!
and a red stamp 1966 $100 bill

The last I saw the $500 bills were going for about $1200 and the $1000 bills were like $2500---------maybe more. It all depends on condition BUT they are definitely worth more than face value.

rod

Retired 22 years
I cashed my UPS check at a small town back in the 80's and got 2 Mercury dimes in the change. I asked the teller if she had any more and think I ended up with about 10 of them. They were all different dates so I assume someone had cashed in their coin collection. I didn't ask---I just took the dimes and got the hell out of there. Another time I collected a cash only COD from a guy and he paid me with 6 -- 1932 $100 bills. I turned in "new " money and still have those 6 bills. Unfortunately the last time I checked they weren't worth much more than face value but they sure look cool. Compared to todays money they look fake (yes I've had them checked and they are real).

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i collect books and buy from thrift stores and garage sales etc. have found foriegn currency that people use for book marks.

one was a 1000 peso note and another was a one dollar bill from malaysia. foreign bills are pretty and look fake.

oldngray

nowhere special
i collect books and buy from thrift stores and garage sales etc. have found foriegn currency that people use for book marks.

one was a 1000 peso note and another was a one dollar bill from malaysia. foreign bills are pretty and look fake.

Usually the more worthless that foreign currency is the fancier the bills look.

I cashed my UPS check at a small town back in the 80's and got 2 Mercury dimes in the change. I asked the teller if she had any more and think I ended up with about 10 of them. They were all different dates so I assume someone had cashed in their coin collection. I didn't ask---I just took the dimes and got the hell out of there. Another time I collected a cash only COD from a guy and he paid me with 6 -- 1932 $100 bills. I turned in "new " money and still have those 6 bills. Unfortunately the last time I checked they weren't worth much more than face value but they sure look cool. Compared to todays money they look fake (yes I've had them checked and they are real).
One of the easiest ways to help detect a counterfeit bill is to run your fingers over the president s jacket. You should feel a slight difference.