Any drivers complete recent DIAD training on NDA disposition?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Anyone who has delivered an EAM to a Men's Wearhouse is already aquainted with having re-attempt an EAM within an hour of the first attempt, in addition to having to CALL THE CENTER if the first attempt is unsuccessful.

Personally, I like the EAM enhancements. People pay good money to have things shipped that way. I have no idea what could cause someone to miss my first attempt, but I'll always give them a 2nd attempt (FWIW, this is official UPS policy too, re-attempting send-agains where possible, although many a driver-pay budget-conscious center manager will say otherwise). I feel the same way about MOST Sat Air dels, especially Sat EAMs.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Reading the training this morning, I wondered if I.E. was coming up with a new report alerting them to drivers sheeting packages that, according to GPS, are not being sheeted where they are supposed to. Afterall, most of what the training informed me about pertained to things MGMT would tell me to do (except for sheeting a package before i get to the stop)

It won't be too hard adjusting; the training just basically returns us to running air off before ground; no more taking chances and gambling. However, it may lengthen my day.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Silly thought: if they are serious about not messing around with commit times anymore, they are going to have to have more drivers, or refund a lot of air charges. Think of that: corporate forcing corporate to hire more drivers.

PT Car Washer

I do not think there is anything new here. Just emphasizing the old rules. My experience is this is more for sups and managers who are always trying to push for a little bit more hoping we will cheat the system to make them look good. I will do the best I can and after that: X Other.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Reading the training this morning, I wondered if I.E. was coming up with a new report alerting them to drivers sheeting packages that, according to GPS, are not being sheeted where they are supposed to. Afterall, most of what the training informed me about pertained to things MGMT would tell me to do (except for sheeting a package before i get to the stop)

It won't be too hard adjusting; the training just basically returns us to running air off before ground; no more taking chances and gambling. However, it may lengthen my day.
Yes they are. My on car warned me it was quietly coming a few weeks ago.

PT Car Washer

Air driver ask that same question of On Road Sup. Reply was, "No, this is just another DIAD training" I believe that. But do not cheat. You have been warned. Have never had a late air deducted from my paycheck.

upsman68

Today I had 3 NDA for a business that opens at 10:00. I got there exactly at 10:00 and no one was there. Sheeted them up and left an info notice. I delivered them about 45 min later. Is this still okay now.

BrownChoice

Why doesnt it show delivery time when you hit stop complete?! Why is it that if scanned at 10:29, but stop completed at 10:40? It wont show as late? I understand bulk stops and such..

my first time out, was with supe.. He scanned a NDA before we left the prior stop. Isnt that wierd?! Lol

kingOFchester

We start at 0900 on Mondays and 0940 the rest of the week. Our EAM commit time is 0900. We normally use an air driver for the EAM's but every once in a while they will call in a driver to start early. How in the world are we going to able to comply with this new directive?

Pretty simple. Follow the instructions. Customer gets what they paid for, or they don't. We work as directed. That simple.

cino321

We start at 0900 on Mondays and 0940 the rest of the week. Our EAM commit time is 0900. We normally use an air driver for the EAM's but every once in a while they will call in a driver to start early. How in the world are we going to able to comply with this new directive?

More air drivers! That's what they are for.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I cant believe you guys read that crap. I just push enter till it beeps. Some days I even get one right :-). I think if it is something really important . They will pcm it. I can only improve from there

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We start at 0900 on Mondays and 0940 the rest of the. week. Our EAM commit time is 0900. We normally use an air driver for the EAM's but every once in a while they will call in a driver to start early. How in the world are we going to able to comply with this new directive?

940? Till when 8pm? Wow! We start 830 on Monday's. 9 rest of the week. Till 7pm

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Why doesnt it show delivery time when you hit stop complete?! Why is it that if scanned at 10:29, but stop completed at 10:40? It wont show as late? I understand bulk stops and such..

my first time out, was with supe.. He scanned a NDA before we left the prior stop. Isnt that wierd?! Lol

How would the system know you have a "bulk stop"? (I just shuddered thinking of a day where time allowances are factored into whether or not we are "on time".)

Here are some additional tricks that theoretically will no longer fly:

It was possible to open up a stop before 10:30 and scan the closest package to you (if you only had seconds before 10:31), even if the package did not match the address entered (even now when the system makes you override the safeguard preventing us from scanning pkgs with different addresses). Once the stop was open and one package was scanned, at your leisure you could scan a package that actually belonged to the stop, void out that first package, and be "on-time".

Another variation of the above, possible because of how EDD automatically propogates an address for you when you scan a package, incolves scanning any package, regardless of address, getting that package/stop in the board, and then going in the address field and fixing the address; you then do what was described above.

Air stops could also be pre-recorded before the commit time; if multiple left-at was used they would not show up late, even if closed after the commit time. This is for stops like college dorm mailrooms; per another recent DIAD training each individual consigned/room number is to be entered as a separate stop, not altogether like some sups have insisted. To prevent us from getting credit for all the stops, we were supposed to use "duplicate residential/commercial" . However, IE fixed the loophole drivers exploited here: there now is a report whenever a driver has a pre-recorded air (I constantly have to explain myself as I have a stop where I legitimately pre-record airs).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have several bulk stops with commit times of 1015 to ensure that we get the NDA delivered by 1030. These stops are designated in the DIAD with the 1015 commit.

Sheeting and then prerecording a NDA does change the time stamp to actual time delivered, not the time it was scanned, and often results in numerous late NDA.

oldngray

nowhere special
At one time the DIAD tagged the time you hit stop complete for everything. So you could be at a stop before 10:30 and if you had to wait for someone to sign it would show up late. Someone actually enough sense to change that.

over9five

Staff member
At one time the DIAD tagged the time you hit stop complete for everything. So you could be at a stop before 10:30 and if you had to wait for someone to sign it would show up late. Someone actually [-]enough sense to change that[/-] changed it because the company was losing money.

​fixed it for you

Rico

No more cutting off COD tags with 8 pieces of tape across them. No more filling out paper time cards with car #, miles, stops pieces by area, hell, don't even gotta know where areas start and stop. No fur calls, etc etc etc.

Man, it's no wonder there are more fat pc drivers than feeder drivers now!

Not having to stop to find a phone to down load your DIAD information every 45 minutes. Assuming that it was still working if it was below freezing or raining out.