Any drivers complete recent DIAD training on NDA disposition?

oldngray

nowhere special
Not having to stop to find a phone to down load your DIAD information every 45 minutes. Assuming that it was still working if it was below freezing or raining out.

Yeah, sometimes the speaker would quit working so you COULDN'T use a phone.

BrownChoice

So it used to be whenever you scanned the pckg, that is the time stamp of being delivered?

will it flag you if the screen flashed Red? I know now not to do this and just do the job and not to worry so much about late or not late as long as you do the best you can.. I know of a utility driver that cheats quite a bit on next day air... As for me, im definetly not doing that dishonest act EVER AGAIN.

QKRSTKR

GPS. If u r away from stop Diad will flash red and make noise alerting u your not at correct address. (If you are away from stop when u scan it)

Cementups

Box Monkey
My Center had the DIAD training yesterday. It said something about getting fired for falsifying NDA deliveries. It also reminded us about not scanning the package before we drove to the stop, no more cheating. There were only a couple of instances when a NDA can be delivered after the commit time. Like if the customer always opens after the commit time and has a letter on file with UPS and unplanned security checks.

I went back and read the training again to see if there was any mention of being fired for such a thing and there was not. If there was I would have never done the training as they will use you doing the training as an electronic signature that you read it and will comply. I sign NOTHING. And an electronic signature would also go against the contract for using technology to punish drivers.

I went back and read the training again to see if there was any mention of being fired for such a thing and there was not. If there was I would have never done the training as they will use you doing the training as an electronic signature that you read it and will comply. I sign NOTHING. And an electronic signature would also go against the contract for using technology to punish drivers.

UPS , violate the contract? Fire somebody for unjust reasons?.......I find that hard to believe!.........NOT!....lol

jaker

trolling
Today I had 3 NDA for a business that opens at 10:00. I got there exactly at 10:00 and no one was there. Sheeted them up and left an info notice. I delivered them about 45 min later. Is this still okay now.
Yes you just have to make your first attempt before 10:30 , like it said in the training about a mall if you have air and they are not open sheet close and re attempt when they are open

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Simple, put more people on the road. They make the rules I will follow them. Tired of trying to fix their screw ups anyway. Just made my job easier. I am not a clairvoyant~ Im not sure how long anything will take so My first comment in the am is get me an air driver.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

We have several bulk stops with commit times of 1015 to ensure that we get the NDA delivered by 1030. These stops are designated in the DIAD with the 1015 commit.

Sheeting and then prerecording a NDA does change the time stamp to actual time delivered, not the time it was scanned, and often results in numerous late NDA.

It becomes late only if you go back into the stop; leave it in the multiple LA screen and it goes by the time stamp from when the first package was scanned. Key point: don't open the stop back up after putting it in pre-record. This has saved my butt a couple of times when I accidentally pressed pre-record while in the middle of scanning a large bulk stop that had air in it. This is the only "illegitimate" use of pre-record that I've done.

BTW, the timestamp of a pre-recorded stop (provided the stop is not re-opened, which will change the time stamp) is only good for THAT stop; you can't pre-record one air before 10:30, and then another after 10:30 and close them out multiple LA. The package scanned after 10:30 will still show up late (but the pre-10:30 one will not).

kingOFchester

When I did the training it did in fact say something on the very first screen about "disciplinary action up to and including discharge".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today I had 3 NDA for a business that opens at 10:00. I got there exactly at 10:00 and no one was there. Sheeted them up and left an info notice. I delivered them about 45 min later. Is this still okay now.

Yes. If the time between initial and subsequent attempt had been 30 minutes or less it would have ended up on a report.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Never once have I been harassed for a late air. Don't cheat. If it's late, so what? Do the right thing and let management know when things go wrong, heavy air, etc.