Any drivers here deliver in worst neighborhoods in america??

B

BLACK BOX

He rewarded me with a free sandwich coupon instead of a C-note!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I hope you checked if the coupon was expired! The richer they are, the tighter they are with their cash. That's why I always admire people who give to a good cause when they themselves are on a tight budget.

over9five

Staff member
"The richer they are, the tighter they are with their cash."

Gawd, U got that right!

Scratch, I hope you told him to stick his sandwich coupon up his a..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I still have that sandwich coupon, that happened about eight years ago. I didn't have the heart to use it yet, maybe I could cut that sandwich into four pieces to feed my family. Actually these people are very generous as philanthropists, they have probably given over a 100 million to charities over the years. Wealthy people do tip bad though, its the lower middle class that will try to stick a twenty in my pocket at Christmas.

Back to the original topic: Yes, I have delivered to some of the worst neighborhoods in downtown Atlanta. I once had a housing project where the grass was waist high with trash and broken tree limbs everywhere. I was amazed that anyone would live in such a dilapidated place. This was about twenty years ago at a place called Techwood Homes, one of the country's first housing developments. They were torn down for the 1996 Olympics, and replaced with a multiple use type of development.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
City Crime Rankings by Population Group

I made # 9. Wonder if we will ever get two drivers on car especially after dark, which is now 530pm?

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
Ya like im from compton dogg... here in killa cali tho even our sups gang bang and shiznit so like if im down with west side they gonna put me on a route in west side cuz they more conserned about me busting on someone then me getting busted on cuz they know i got respect in my hood so i deliver in my hood. unless i be stealin the pills from the old people then sellin what i dont pop for other drugs and for hydraulics for my low low
I feel ya player. Holla

wornoutupser

I deliver a part of my county that the press calls " the Home of Crank".
More crank is supposed to be made here than anywhere else in the US. I LOVE the dogs out this way! One house has 12 dogs tied in a circle around it. I honk like crazy-and refuse to get out there.

uzibear

Youngstown Crime Statistics and Crime Data (Youngstown, OH)
I deliver here. Its a fine town.

Although most of what Tieguy says I agree with, but
1. I always make eye contact. Windows to the soul, you got to know what they are thinking, and you have to watch them or you wont know
2. I always try to deliver early because after three they are getting up, but commercial first........
I dont depend on the cops coz there arent enough, and they dont come if you call, at least not fast enough.
If there is a crowd, I just drive on by. Tomorrow is another day, and God willing I will still be here.
The kids walk on cars on their way home from school, and the cops just follow with their flashers on till all are off the Main rd..............
The convienince stores lock their doors when school dismisses, so no delivering then.
The last guy got stabbed twice, but UPS says he did it to himself, I dont know but I never sit and sort. Its stupid, unless I am in one of my few safe places.
Christmas used to be the worst, but they seem to know we dont have cash anymore. I would rather have 4 g in cod money tho than what I carry. At least they might leave me alone if they got big bucks.

But I have never had a problem I couldnt drive away from. I was on a street one night when a 5 yr old got hit in a drive by, I drove by. He lived.

All day long I see the DEA with their vests in the same cars every day. Since I am up hi, I can see in their cars, I know a few of them, but when they are in an area, I know not to be there for awhile.

And the saddest part is there are some really great people, hard working, just cant make enough to get out. And especially the old people, prisoners in their homes. Where I live I rarely lock my doors, where they live I cant even leave a pkg in the door as they are all locked. And if I need a sig, I have to wait for them to find their keys to unlock the door.

Really makes you appreciate what you have after a day in a hood.
We took a way motivation, when we gave them all money to sit home and not even try, Thats the inner city of Youngstown, generation after generation of people who never had to even try, And the people who have kids who shouldnt have a hamster. These are not the leftovers from the steel mills that shut down, those hard working people moved on and survived. The good people in the area, may not be the brightest among us but some of the nicest, but have been overthrown by guns and drugs, and thugs.

I had 8 kids under 7 on my bumper and not a parent in sight. I had to get out and make them get off five times one night, before I could count them all in the mirror, and camera. I finally showed them I had a camera (my back up device) and that they were all on it and I was going to give it to the police and they would all go to jail, if they didnt get off my bumper. At that age they knew what jail was, SAD.

my sweet jenny i'm sinkin down, here honey in ..............

that's your town eh?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just to welcome you to 2007 in my "town" Thankfully I was off on the first of Jan 2007. Now they are talking of bringing in the national guard.

WKBN/WYFX - News - 2007 Starts Off With a "Bang"

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember
Dear Ms. Toonertoo,

I will talk to Mike tonight about getting you hazardous duty pay. (and perhaps a kevlar vest).

Sincerely,
Mike Eskews Mom

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks I would appreciate it, and a handgun I dont have to buy. Right now I am not suppose to carry anything.
Too bad you arent really Mike or his Mom.

mpeedy

I hear in Compton/East L.A. the drivers have to be done by 3 P.M., when the schools get out. The rest of there day is done in another area.

outta hours

Sad thing is if she plugs some A-hole trying to rub her and or hurt her she loses her job and may get charged by the local mounties at the same time.

IMO at least she would be alive. No danger of being charged with a crime in self defense. Like UPS says " safety first". (that is unless it costs them time or money)

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
I remember when Ted Gradolf was promoted as our District C/S Mgr in Nor Calif ( 1985)--he said that there were areas in his old district (St.Louis, Mo ?) where it was so bad that we would not even take a pakage car into!!

I drove in the Pacoima ( So Calif) area in the projects and ran my butt off and was always surprised that my truck was still there when I got back to it. I remember back in the 70's when we used to carry cash and it was mandatory to stop at the closest store when you had >$100 and get a Money Order!! I than worked for UPS in No. Calif and at times had >$10,000 cash and was out till 9:00 p.m.delivering and never had to worry about anybody bothering me. Best thing UPS ever did was to get away from our drivers carrying "CASH"!!!