Any Follow ups here on female package handlers?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree i had some boots on for the tour that were high top and made me feel awkward going up and down the ladders
I would only wear boots high enough to protect your ankles... Also you will be on your feet the whole time so comfort should be taken into consideration ... Maybe consider insoles

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
What kind of gloves? Any specific brand or kind?

I buy the 20-30 dollar steel toed boots at wal mart. I have had some last 3 or 4 months and some last a year. I get steel toed because you will be wishing you had some when an ereg falls on your foot or a real heavy package. I don't wear gloves but that is up to the person. There is a feeling out period where you work and you will see what you need.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
Use your head. Other than work boots...don't go buying a whole bunch of stuff until you actually work a few weeks and decide you're staying. You'll figure out what you need to bring for work. Everyone is different.[/QUOTE
I buy the 20-30 dollar steel toed boots at wal mart. I have had some last 3 or 4 months and some last a year. I get steel toed because you will be wishing you had some when an ereg falls on your foot or a real heavy package. I don't wear gloves but that is up to the person. There is a feeling out period where you work and you will see what you need.

Thank you

KOG72

I’m full of it
You can get a five pair pack of Wells-Lamont gloves at Wal-Mart for 5 dollars and they are grey,I get good use out of them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OP - I suggest high-quality work shoes or boots, so your feet don't hurt and you get more than a couple months use. From experience, the boots I buy guarantee at least two years, usually longer. And I always cringe when people buy $40 work boots from Wal-Mart, etc. and buy them multiple times a year.

Also, I suggest "Mad grip" work gloves. You can find them online, Amazon etc.. They are expensive but easily the best, best grip, best fit, last the longest.

Last edited:

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
OP - I suggest high-quality work shoes or boots, so your feet don't hurt and you get more than a couple months use. From experience, the boots I buy guarantee at least two years, usually longer. And I always cringe when people buy $40 work boots from Wal-Mart, etc. and buy them multiple times a year.

Also, I suggest "Mad grip" work gloves. You can find them online, Amazon etc.. They are expensive but easily the best, best grip, best fit, last the longest.

I know we could wear mens boots/shoes but are there good women's brands out there too. Wondering if the mens are heavier to walk in.

I will definitely look into gloves also