Any Good Boot Suggestions?

MassWineGuy

Unless I'm very mistaken, I believe that I'm soon going to start as a seasonal driver. I was a driver's helper the last two seasons. I'm looking for a good, solidly made pair of boots. Not insylated, but waterproof would be nice. I'm in northeast Massachusetts. I was looking at these Keens:

Amazon.com: Keen Utility Men's Detroit Soft Toe Mid Boot: Shoes

Thanks.

UPSGUY72

Unless I'm very mistaken, I believe that I'm soon going to start as a seasonal driver. I was a driver's helper the last two seasons. I'm looking for a good, solidly made pair of boots. Not insylated, but waterproof would be nice. I'm in northeast Massachusetts. I was looking at these Keens:

Amazon.com: Keen Utility Men's Detroit Soft Toe Mid Boot: Shoes

Thanks.

Those boots aren't water proof. The only water proof boots are made of rubber every other boot will eventually leak at some point and most likely need to be sprayed with a silicone like substance to make them repel water. There is a difference between water resistance and water proof. Most water proof boots with make you feet sweat. So you will be changing socks sometime through out the day.

Most driver wear black sneakers until the weather dictates they change to some type of boot and usually that boots goes hire than the ankle to help keep there feet dryer in the snow.....

However, you haven't been hired yet so do go buying "boots" before they call you and tell you you have the job else you will be wasting your money.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I like wearing brown shoes or brown boots. Just looks better to me brown from head to toe. Universal same color feel me. Looks better if you ask me.

upschick95

Magnums, they are for the police officers and service personnel. However I only use boots when there is snow or ice outside otherwise I'm strictly a tennis shoe kind of person.

JL 0513

My advice is to not go with a boot, which are typically heavy. After a day of walking miles, it wears on you. Go with an all black work sneaker/shoe. New Balence makes good ones. They feel like regular comfortable sneakers but you are allowed to wear them as a driver. I'm way lighter on my feet than when I had boots at first (which I thought we were required to wear).

MassWineGuy

Magnums, they are for the police officers and service personnel. However I only use boots when there is snow or ice outside otherwise I'm strictly a tennis shoe kind of person.

I had a pair of Magnums and one of them fell apart, so no more Mags for me. Isn't wearing boots required by UPS?

MassWineGuy

Those boots aren't water proof. The only water proof boots are made of rubber every other boot will eventually leak at some point and most likely need to be sprayed with a silicone like substance to make them repel water. There is a difference between water resistance and water proof.

How true. That's why I like to treat my leather boots with waterproofing waxes or oils. Sweaty feet? Rubber boots will really give you those. And no, I'm not spending a dime until I'm hired.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I had a pair of Magnums and one of them fell apart, so no more Mags for me. Isn't wearing boots required by UPS?

Magnums have a full 1 year warranty, FYI. I had a problem with a pair falling apart and called them and they emailed me a shipping label. I shipped them back and they sent me back a new pair in pretty quick fashion.

​And no, boots are not required

MassWineGuy

I know about the warranty. The boot gave way not long after one year. The stitching in the section behind the achilles tendon totally blew out. I definitely was not too hard on those boots. Just shoddy construction.

BrownArmy

Carolina Boots...

Union-Made and worth every penny.

Low-top / High-top / steel-toe or not, a very well-made boot.

With a little mink oil and/or water-proof substance of your choice, Carolina's will get you through two months of three feet of snow.

It's not the only Union-made seriously awesome brand, but I stick with Carolinas because they make wide-width options (13 4-E here, hard to find...).

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Carolina Boots...

Union-Made and worth every penny.

Low-top / High-top / steel-toe or not, a very well-made boot.

With a little mink oil and/or water-proof substance of your choice, Carolina's will get you through two months of three feet of snow.

It's not the only Union-made seriously awesome brand, but I stick with Carolinas because they make wide-width options (13 4-E here, hard to find...).

I swear by Carolina boots. I just got another pair of these yesterday.
image.jpg