Any guesses on how long UPS will take to "match" FedEx on this . . .

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Black_6_Leader, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Oh wait; when FedEx makes the change, it is a change that impacts all their employees that receive company subsidized health insurance; at UPS the change will impact All "union free" employees with the exception of the management committee (they are already awarded extra $$$ as a part of their compensation for healthcare ~ and Ill bet that subsidy increasees)

FedEx shifts gears on health insurance

FedEx shifts gears on health insurance - Financial and Business News - MENAFN

Aug 04, 2013 (Menafn - The Commercial Appeal - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
    FedEx employees will shoulder a larger share of health care costs as the Memphis-based delivery giant moves everyone to high-deductible, consumer-driven plans for 2014.
    The changes, coming in January, will affect some 400,000 U.S. employees and family members. The change is designed to slow down one of the company's fastest-growing expenses, expected to top 1.5 billion next year, and to protect against Obamacare's penalties on overly generous plans in the future.
    ___ (c)2013 The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, Tenn.) Visit The Commercial Appeal
    (Memphis, Tenn.) Distributed by MCT Information

Copyright (C) 2013, The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn.
    Lasted edited by : Aug 5, 2013
  2. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

I wish we had this with our high deductible plan. Right now with the high deductible plan Rx is not included. We have to pay 100% of Rx until we hit the OOP deductible of 3K and then they pay 100% when we hit the 6K OOP Max. Also, going to an in network Dr is covered with them. My wife\Dr both went to Dr for a minor infection and that was 100% OOP for me.

Sign me up for their plan. It's better then ours from what I read.

3. TxRoadDawg

TxRoadDawg Member

Only thing for sure is again we "partners" will take the screwing on the increases for the "stake holders" dividend sake.
  4. ppHATE

ppHATE New Member

FedEx's CEO is also a noted republican who just could not pass up an opportunity to screw over his employees while blaming Obamacare. Call it a 2 for one. This isn't a pro-Obamacare post by the way, let me point that out before someone hijacks the thread. Now as far as UPS goes, I can definitely see that coming. UPS has been steadily shafting management on benefits way before Obama came along so I expect them to conveniently use the Obamacare excuse as they find another way to screw us over.