Any helpers working Dec. 29-31?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by GillEagan, Dec 26, 2014.

1. GillEagan

GillEagan I always look 10 years younger than I am.

Will there be any helpers working Dec. 29th through 31st? Just wondering if I have a chance to work some more days. The driver I was with will not need me.

2. undies

undies Active Member

Maybe.

3. FiXiE.GuRL

FiXiE.GuRL Member

They told the drivers to collect the uniforms before issuing checks to the helpers today.

4. GillEagan

Here the uniform bag had a notice that the uniforms be turned in by Jan. 2nd. The driver suggested I hang onto it just in case I get called out next week.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not likely. Most places have plenty of drivers.

6. rod

rod retired and happy

No and you also probably won't be called in to become a full time delivery driver either---like they suggested would happen if you ran your butt off during peak.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

:hi5:

8. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Don't let uniform collection make you think you won't work. They gave me a helper last year after peak and told him to wear something comfortable for two or three hours of work. He had "skinny" jeans or "joggers" (I'm 40, sorry) and a fur coat. Either way I never laughed so hard at how dirty his clothes got.

9. GillEagan

I never said anything about full time anything. I already know that the helper position is a purely seasonal temp thing. UPS made that clear last year. I'm only interested in working three more days if possible. Also I'm not interested in becoming a permanent employee of UPS anyway. I'm fine with the seasonal helper position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

Sorry---I wasn't trying to pick on you. Just the fact that the BS most of the peak temps are told makes most of us cringe and feel sorry for them.

11. GillEagan

No problem. I've read enough posts on this board that suggests being a full time employee with UPS is not the way to go for me. The driver I was with this year confirmed that working at the hub is no fun. Besides I have other ways of making money. I'll just be doing those again.

12. TheNewKid

TheNewKid Member

I got the boot on Christmas eve. With no check.. I assume I get it in the mail. Woop de do

13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

What's your price for a quarter ounce?

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

images7MS28FP9.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

We are done with helpers unlike last year when we begged them to stay another 2 weeks.

16. upsbeernut

Its the natural way to get a buzz and go on vacation without leaving the house.

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Just smile and wave ... as you are sitting on that sack of seeds..

18. upsbeernut

Sounds like Charley Daniels song, am I wrong?

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

20. GillEagan

Well if you're lookin for weed, I can give you more than a quarter ounce of these goathead plants. They grow like mushrooms around here. Won't give you much of a high. But hey it's free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List