Any helpers working Dec. 29-31?

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Will there be any helpers working Dec. 29th through 31st? Just wondering if I have a chance to work some more days. The driver I was with will not need me.

GillEagan

Here the uniform bag had a notice that the uniforms be turned in by Jan. 2nd. The driver suggested I hang onto it just in case I get called out next week.

rod

Retired 22 years
No and you also probably won't be called in to become a full time delivery driver either---like they suggested would happen if you ran your butt off during peak.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't let uniform collection make you think you won't work. They gave me a helper last year after peak and told him to wear something comfortable for two or three hours of work. He had "skinny" jeans or "joggers" (I'm 40, sorry) and a fur coat. Either way I never laughed so hard at how dirty his clothes got.

GillEagan

No and you also probably won't be called in to become a full time delivery driver either---like they suggested would happen if you ran your butt off during peak.

I never said anything about full time anything. I already know that the helper position is a purely seasonal temp thing. UPS made that clear last year. I'm only interested in working three more days if possible. Also I'm not interested in becoming a permanent employee of UPS anyway. I'm fine with the seasonal helper position.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never said anything about full time anything. I already know that the helper position is a purely seasonal temp thing. UPS made that clear last year. I'm only interested in working three more days if possible. Also I'm not interested in becoming a permanent employee of UPS anyway. I'm fine with the seasonal helper position.

Sorry---I wasn't trying to pick on you. Just the fact that the BS most of the peak temps are told makes most of us cringe and feel sorry for them.

GillEagan

Sorry---I wasn't trying to pick on you. Just the fact that the BS most of the peak temps are told makes most of us cringe and feel sorry for them.

No problem. I've read enough posts on this board that suggests being a full time employee with UPS is not the way to go for me. The driver I was with this year confirmed that working at the hub is no fun. Besides I have other ways of making money. I'll just be doing those again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No problem. I've read enough posts on this board that suggests being a full time employee with UPS is not the way to go for me. The driver I was with this year confirmed that working at the hub is no fun. Besides I have other ways of making money. I'll just be doing those again.
What's your price for a quarter ounce?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What's your price for a quarter ounce?
images7MS28FP9.jpg