Any insight in Dallas backlog?

FreeLunch

Howdy - I'm just trying to see if anyone has an idea of how backed up Dallas is? I have a package to be delivered to me (suburb of Dallas) and it's been sitting in a trailer for the past couple days in Dallas. Does anyone have any directional guidance? Yes I know about the ice storm and I know it's busy season. I'm just trying to figure out a plan. I was suppose to get it this past Tuesday, but since Wed at 11:50pm, it's just been sitting in the trailer in Dallas according to a UPS rep.
thanks...

They are probably out delivering Mondays packages yet.

We're running extra sorts. Delivering extra days. We're trying.

Please be patient and thanks for your business.

FreeLunch

I guess UPS doesn't do first in/first out? I am getting packages delivered that were shipped/ordered after the one package that I really care about was shipped with UPS. It's just sitting in a trailer in Dallas whereas other packages that were just shipped yesterday are being delivered today?

Ouch

I guess UPS doesn't do first in/first out? I am getting packages delivered that were shipped/ordered after the one package that I really care about was shipped with UPS. It's just sitting in a trailer in Dallas whereas other packages that were just shipped yesterday are being delivered today?
They are probably just unloading trailers in no specific order. I personally appreciate your patience that you have and I know your driver does.

Future

Victory Ride
If those boys in Dallas could just man up, you would have had your pkg day one? Ice Storm?????? I have had bigger :censored2:tola storms!

It can depend on where the trailer originates. We send out Dallas trls that go to Alliance part of the week,Dallas other parts of the week. Trls to texas that go rail to Oklahoma.

It's much more complex than a straight line between the two places.

oldngray

nowhere special
My mom was in Dallas several years ago when it had an ice storm. No equipment to clear the roads. None of the stores even had ice scrapers. The whole area was completely shut down.

FreeLunch

It can depend on where the trailer originates. We send out Dallas trls that go to Alliance part of the week,Dallas other parts of the week. Trls to texas that go rail to Oklahoma.

It's much more complex than a straight line between the two places.

The package originated in Fort Worth and went to Dallas instead of dfw. The end destination is a suburb north of dfw. I called dfw and they said the package should've been sent to them. What I don't get is I had another package with the same routing that was delivered today and shipped yesterday. Whereas I have 3 packages stuck in limbo in Dallas.

Howdy - I'm just trying to see if anyone has an idea of how backed up Dallas is? I have a package to be delivered to me (suburb of Dallas) and it's been sitting in a trailer for the past couple days in Dallas. Does anyone have any directional guidance? Yes I know about the ice storm and I know it's busy season. I'm just trying to figure out a plan. I was suppose to get it this past Tuesday, but since Wed at 11:50pm, it's just been sitting in the trailer in Dallas according to a UPS rep.
thanks...
Call 867-5309 and ask for Jenny. She will help you.

Nimnim

The Nim
The package originated in Fort Worth and went to Dallas instead of dfw. The end destination is a suburb north of dfw. I called dfw and they said the package should've been sent to them. What I don't get is I had another package with the same routing that was delivered today and shipped yesterday. Whereas I have 3 packages stuck in limbo in Dallas.

I can't say for sure if this was the case, but I do know that there are some locations approved to be sent packages that won't fit in the trailer for the preferred destination if it will still reduce any delays in service. If this was the case that it went from Fort Worth to Dallas instead of dfw because the trailers for dfw were completely full it's just bad luck that Dallas is so backed up it slowed things down more than holding it until there was another trailer available to go to dfw.

numberonedriver

I'm in California and we had a on road sup sent to Dallas to drive package so it looks like ups is pulling all available resources glad I'm not in management.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm in California and we had a on road sup sent to Dallas to drive package so it looks like ups is pulling all available resources glad I'm not in management.

Why? All expenses paid trip to Dallas to help them get caught up? I would think that he would be helping one of their drivers rather than driving on his own. No responsibilities other than just delivering packages.

We had an Ice Storm in 1998. They sent supervisors from Albany to help out---the sups would ride with one of us as they wanted two sets of eyes on the car to look for downed trees, power lines and other potential obstacles while still keeping their eyes on the road.

Inthegame

Why? All expenses paid trip to Dallas to help them get caught up? I would think that he would be helping one of their drivers rather than driving on his own. No responsibilities other than just delivering packages.

We had an Ice Storm in 1998. They sent supervisors from Albany to help out---the sups would ride with one of us as they wanted two sets of eyes on the car to look for downed trees, power lines and other potential obstacles while still keeping their eyes on the road.
Right cause most of the drivers I know would run into downed trees, power lines and other potential obstacles without those extra eyes...